PDA

View Full Version : Christmas ideas for 1 yr olds

SamBaker
06-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Has any one any ideas? Have lots of ideas for older children but not for my little ones.
Can anyone help?

hollyberry
06-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Oh, I need to know too! I'm ok with my 2.5 yo - we've painted snow men and xmas puds and glittered them all up and I've stuck them on the patio door windows! But for the 1 yr old I'm a bit stuck.

I'm considering sticking him in the high chair with a full bib on and painting his hand which I'm sure he'll find fascinating, and get him to make a hand print. Then you could glitter them up, stick some up as decorations, and maybe use one to make into a card for mummy for Xmas? that's all I've thought of so far tbh!!!

Tink
06-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Reindeer from hand and foot prints. Foot print body and hand antlers alwys love this with little ones:thumbsup:

Hand print Christmas trees with finger print baubles

Snowmen - stick tissue paper scrunched up always looks lovely, you could do the same with robins/Santa etc

mama2three
06-12-2011, 10:31 AM
To make or to do?

My little one is currently sat in the middle of the tray playing with baubles tinsel and beads - transfering them between xmas wrapped boxes and gold plates.

Yesterday we made xmas shakers - using empty plastic jars he happily filled it with baubles , glitter , polystyrene snow , and once the lids were on we had fun playing along to xmas music.

ELLA_J
08-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I have done the same as mama2three also i have brought some fake snow for them to explore and also made gloop. :)

xxteddy77xx
24-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Some activities I have done in the past with young children are:
Treasure basket with Christmas decorations ie tinsels, baubles
Christmas Sponge Painting