PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a picture frame

snufflepuff
05-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I was going to do calendars with the children for Christmas- they have all drawn self portraits (those that are able to!) and I was going to stick them on to the calendar blanks that I have....but I didn't think of the fact that they are 2011 calendars (durrr, I'm blaming pregnancy brain!)
So, I thought we could make a nice frame for the portraits instead...does anyone have any ideas for how to decorate them? Maybe something a bit different? But something fairly simple as they are all under three.

miffy
05-12-2011, 12:50 PM
One year I bought packs of cheap photo frames from Ikea and let the children paint them then stick on foam shapes/jewels in christmas designs/colours.

A friend did paper plate frames with the middle cut out, covered with pasta bows then painted gold or silver - they looked effective.

Or you could cut star shapes or bauble shapes from foam (2 for each child), cut a circle in the middle from one for the photograph - decorate that with glitter, stick on shapes or whatever, insert photo, stick the two pieces together, add some string.

Some free designs to print here

http://www.printwithmypic.com/announcements/christmas_cards.php

Miffy xx

candy cat
05-12-2011, 08:19 PM
card or foam.....you cut frame shape they decorate with whatever.:)