PDA

View Full Version : I don't think she will pay me

staceylydipops
05-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh please help. I am having problems getting the monies owed to me from a parent. I am no longer minding her children as the school times clashed with my original school. The contract was terminated on a mutual basis and it was agreed that I would help her out in the holidays. However, she still owes me money from last month. Despite several emails and text messages she still has not paid me.

Has anyone got any advice? I am not very good at asking for money or being strict on my policy and procedures for that matter as I don't like to cause tention but after several parents and this one in particular taking advantage I feel I am going to have to be more assertive.

Please help :-(

VeggieSausage
05-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Give her a call and ask when it would be convenient for you to pop round and collect the outstanding balance of money owed....:mad:

Mrs Pootle
05-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Pick up the phone and call her. Don't email and text it gives her the chance to ignore your message. If you don't want to speak to her then send a letter by registered post so you know she receives it and keep a copy for your own records.
If you still don't get your money I suggest you contact your insurance company for advice.

miffy
05-12-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree either speak to her directly (not text or email) or put it in writing and put the letter through her door. If you do the second then give her a date you expect to be paid by and if you don't get your money contact your insurers for advice.

Keep record of all correspondence from now on. I hope you get your money.

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
05-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Phone her now and then back it up with a letter.

No more childcare until she pays up
No more childcare unless it paid in advance

if she isn't forthcoming you need to pursue through the small claims court

Dear XXXX

With regards to childcare services provided, please note that there is an outstanding amount of £((((((((. Please refer to the attached invoice for full details. Due to the overdue nature of this invoice, please note that the due date is XXXX (7 days from date of letter). I have also enclosed my Fees policy and procedure (which should outline what you will do if its not paid - ie small claimes etc).

Any further childcare must be paid for in advance once this overdue invoice is rectified.

Yours sincerely

I Want My Money Now

miffy
05-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Phone her now and then back it up with a letter.

No more childcare until she pays up
No more childcare unless it paid in advance

if she isn't forthcoming you need to pursue through the small claims court

Dear XXXX

With regards to childcare services provided, please note that there is an outstanding amount of £((((((((. Please refer to the attached invoice for full details. Due to the overdue nature of this invoice, please note that the due date is XXXX (7 days from date of letter). I have also enclosed my Fees policy and procedure (which should outline what you will do if its not paid - ie small claimes etc).

Any further childcare must be paid for in advance once this overdue invoice is rectified.

Yours sincerely

I Want My Money Now

The contracts finished Pip but parent still owes last month's money.

Miffy xx

jane5
05-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I have no advice on how to get your money but this is why I always get fees in advance.
I will never mind a child if I have not been paid for it before hand.

I hope you get your money.

Pipsqueak
05-12-2011, 03:55 PM
The contracts finished Pip but parent still owes last month's money.

Miffy xx

I thought the OP said that she was offering ad-hoc care to the family or did I mis-read??

miffy
05-12-2011, 08:55 PM
I thought the OP said that she was offering ad-hoc care to the family or did I mis-read??

No, I did - sorry Pip!

Miffy xx