PDA

View Full Version : how to organise a christmas party

Helen79
05-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I want to have a christmas party for my children and mindees but not sure how to organise it.
I have 1 full time and 2 part timers and can't have them all here at the same time as I'd be over my numbers and my house isn't big enough for all of them so if I did it during the day either one family would miss out or I would have to do 2 parties to make sure everyone was here for one.

I would like to invite all mindee's older siblings too as with just a few toddlers it's not really much of a party so I could hire a hall for 15quid and have it outside of minding hours and invite parents and older siblings or am I making too much work for myself?

Just wondering how everyone else organises their parties if you do one?

JCrakers
05-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Would love to help but it sounds like too much hard work...:laughing:

I don't do anything like this...and wont be able to this year as when the children break up from schol I finish so no time this year

Good luck

christine e
05-12-2011, 11:54 AM
We go to parties at childminding groups and surestart centres but quite often I find that it is all too much for the little ones who don't like a change in routine and don't like that man in red! We tend to have a special tea on the last day of term and it's the luck of the draw who is here - if I have room for any extras then I invite them along

Cx

VeggieSausage
05-12-2011, 12:24 PM
yes we go to toddler group parties then one morning I invite another minder round and we have christmas crafts and christmas lunch, whoever is here is here - I do try and do it when the most children are here, last week on build up to christmas is always fun anyway......

nikki thomson
05-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Would love to help but it sounds like too much hard work...:laughing:

I don't do anything like this...and wont be able to this year as when the children break up from schol I finish so no time this year

Good luck

I'm with you on this one, I take lo to the toddler group Xmas party and then mine and the two schoolies have a party a pre-school and school, I finish for Christmas on the 15th this year and I'm not back to work until the 3rd of jan, soooooo looking forward to the break. Xx

babs
05-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I have one on last day I ask all mindees 6 in all if its there day off ask parents to bring and stay niece comes over with her two and old mindee comes with mum so have about 10 kids 4 adults we all muck in and have fun. if hubby is off he does music sets up mini disco in lounge. I put on nibbles go with the flow on games as never get to play them all. .. Also we go to playgroup party which is a much larger group.

boxtree7
05-12-2011, 01:03 PM
We have a christmas dinner - i noramly choose the afternoon i have most mindees - for those that miss out we will have a smaller party on another afternoon.

miffy
05-12-2011, 01:24 PM
We go out to different parties at children's centres or toddler groups. If I have a party here then it's on my last working day and it's pot luck who is here.

Miffy xx

JCrakers
05-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Just to add...we've got 2 Xmas parties at toddler group so children will have a fab time

Tink
05-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Were having our Christmas party on the 16th last day minding all the children before Christmas holidays. Parents and children are invited and we have a special visitor coming along too:laughing:

We will have nibbles, party games and lots of fun, everyone is really looking forward to it

crazyhazy
05-12-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm planning on having a little xmas party after school, probably the last day of term or day before (we don;t finish until the 22nd up here), I'll only be having my two girls, my niece, an after school mindee and a 4y old mindee who normally finishes at 3 but is going to stay a bit later to join in. I've not worried about inviting the 2 1y olds I mind as I figure they won;t know anyway lol and I have 2 before school mindees who'll miss out but I can't think of another way to do it really.

Chimps Childminding
05-12-2011, 09:21 PM
June and I are having a party on the 22nd - our last day!! Everything seems to happen on a Thursday as this is the day we both have the most children. Unfortunately it does mean that some miss out, but without going over numbers or getting parents to stay it is the only way we can do it!

We will have 4 schoolies and 5 littlies between us so gonna be busy busy busy!! Will be glad of a few days off after that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It would be great to hire a hall or something to give us more room for games etc, but as June doesn't drive the logistics of getting everyone there would be a nightmare :eek:

loocyloo
05-12-2011, 09:43 PM
i'll be going to the toddler christmas party and will see another mindee there with her mum! ( who runs toddlers !!! )

the childrens centre is having a party, but its in the afternoon and mine will be asleep, plus they are 11mth, 19mth & 26mth and i think it will be too much for them, so we'll just do crafts and baking at home and party for the whole of december !

The Juggler
05-12-2011, 09:45 PM
when I have done this in the past hon, I've invited the children who would not normally be there to come with their parents. I've made it clear they'd need to stay as I'd be over numbers :)