PDA

View Full Version : Help - question re re-registration????

melanieabigail2004
18-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Hello ladies

Hoping that this is the right place to put my questions!

A little background. I became a childminder in July 2005. I was based near Hastings in East Sussex. Worked quite happily until I fell pregnant with my second child. Due to illness I had to stop working in May 2006. I continued my registration with Ofsted up until May 2007. Stupidly I did not renew my registration as I did not foresee me working as a childminder again.

Anyway I have now moved house and am looking to returning to childminding but am unsure as to whom I need to speak to and what I need to do.

I have contacted Ofsted and they told me that I would probably have to start from scratch. I contacted Kent Council and they said I probably wouldn't have to start from the beginning. I have tried call the NCMA twice and am still waiting for a call back (plan to deal with this on Monday am!)

I did my First Aid in Oct 05 so that's still in date and my CRB is just in date so would be up for renewal shortly. I know that Ofsted will have to come out and check the house but will I need a full inspection?

Has anybody got any suggestions as I feel I am going around in circles and I'm not getting anywhere fast!

Thanks in advance!

Melanie:)

camelia
18-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi
I would speak to OFSTED again as they are your governing body and follow there advise.
Luckily if you have to start again you can send your police check which will speed things up a bit.....

Good Luck

sarah707
18-05-2008, 11:14 AM
The way I understand it, if you stop minding you have to start again from scratch ... that's a new ICP course and new CRB checks etc...

Best give Ofsted a ring tomorrow - 08456 404040.

Good to hear you're feeling well enough now to start again :D

angeldelight
18-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes you will have to start again

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

hbomb1
18-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Melanie,

I was a childminder for the first time back in 2005 and resigned in April 2006 as I was pregnant with my third child. I decided back in January this year that I would like to childmind again and contacted my local Early Years Department, who advised that as it was only 3-years or so since I completed the ICP then I wouldn't need to do it again, although I would be classed as a new childminder again and qualify for the start up grant (:D ). They then sent me the necessary Ofsted application forms and CRB form for my step-daughter (16). Mine and DH's CRB's are still valid.

Ofsted then visited me for the initial 'Suitable Persons' check. I had to get my GP to do the medical questionnaire again (for a fee).

All this took about three months but would have been much quicker if my step daughter hadn't have needed the police checks.

Hope you manage to speak to someone soon. Keep chasing your early years department and Ofsted. Good luck :)