PDA

View Full Version : Landlords-anyone ever had any problems?

LinziH
03-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone :)

Im currently in a rented house & hoping to register as a childminder.

I sent a text to my landlord the other day saying that at the end of my maternity leave (July) I was hoping to start childminding but wanted to run it by them first, could he call for a chat.

He replied saying he'd call over the weekend but I'm so nervous he's going to say no :( I totally understand why he would, but I reeeeeally dont want him to!! I am so looking forward to childminding.

So was just wondering if anyone had ever encountered any problems and what they were?

Thank you x x x

miffy
03-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Not personally no but I have read threads on here where landlords have refused permission and from what I remember the main thing has been that they haven;t understood what childminding is - they've had the idea that their property will be trashed by lots of children running rampage!

Hopefully your landlord will be a lot more understanding. It's good he's going to have a chat with you so he's not dismissed it out of hand. Just make sure you explain to him that you will only be allowed to have a certain number of children, you will be properly registered and insured etc etc.

Good luck

Miffy xx

sarah c
03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
hiya im just moving house and the landlord is allowing me to do childminding as long as i have insurance. x

LinziH
03-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Thank you :)

He is very reasonable and we have a great relationship, been here 2 years never missed a rent payment, house is still in the condition it was when they left it.

Im just more worried about his mortgage company allowing it and his buildings insurance because when I've read up it seems as if thats where most people have problems.

Fingers crossed. Just wish he'd ring so I know where I am :( but by the same token Ill be heartbroken if he says no. I know he wont say it for the sake of it or for no good reason, it would be something like his insurance or mortgage.

LinziH
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
just a little update, got an email this morning saying no.

Totally gutted and not sure what my next step is. But I have loved being part of this forum and found it very useful in the short time Ive been on here.

Good luck to everybody for the future x