PDA

View Full Version : Re todays visit and numbers?

casey's mum
18-05-2008, 08:19 AM
As my other thread states I have a visit today at 4pm. Lo will be starting f/t school in september and mum wants the place from then. Mum is looking for 7.30 drop off and for me to drop at school, no collection as she finishes work at 1.30. However in the school hols she will need me to have lo from 7.30 to 2pm 5 days a week. The lo is 4 and will be attending f/t school so how does this work with my numbers in the hols? If they are in f/t school do they still count on your numbers in the school hols?
What I am trying to get at is does the attending 20 sessions in school a week still count during the hols?
Also what would you charge for this as she will obs need me in the hols more than term time?
Dont know if I have made myself very clear but if you can work out what I am getting at any advice would be great!

Thanks
Angela xx

sarah707
18-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Once a child starts school full time they are classed as 5 - that's term time and holidays...

As far as charges go, did you intend to do an hourly rate? If so, just charge that through the year. If mum objects, be prepared with a slightly cheaper daily rate for, say, an 8 hour day in the holiday weeks.

Good luck with the interview :D

casey's mum
18-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Thats great Sarah thx! Yes am gonna charge hourly rate!

Angela xx

manjay
18-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Wales is the same as England in that your 4 year old in Ft school is classed as 5 in term time and hols.

I would charge min of 2 hours per day during term time and i would charge an hourly rate from 7.30 - 2 in the school hols. Personally I wouldn't charge a day rate as I would hate for them to feel they had to use it iyswim. I like the hols with my children so the earlier they go home the better:D Just the way I would do it but of course it is totally up to you!

amanda xx

miffy
18-05-2008, 09:42 AM
I would class a 7.30am start as unsocial hours as I don't start until 8am so I agree with Amanda at least 2 hours a day minimum charge in term time.

Again if you charge an hourly rate in school hols I would charge a higher rate for the first hour if you start at 7.30am and might also charge for lunch as it's not a full day.

All these things can be negotiated with the parent but make sure you are going to earn a reasonable rate at the end of the week.

miffy xx

angeldelight
18-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Hope the visit went ok?

Angel xx

miffy
18-05-2008, 04:59 PM
How did you get on today?

Hope it went well

miffy xx

casey's mum
18-05-2008, 05:06 PM
:update: Visit went quite well! Mum was here for over an hour and seemed really nice!
LO not able to go with Nan as her and brother together are a bit of a nightmare and the Nan is 80! I dont think I need of worried!
Did my usual of suggesting she visit other CM's to see what was on offer, only cause I know in my area no one offers as many services as me! he! he! To this mum said she was happy with what she saw and is going home to talk over with hubby! Going to give me call once she done that!
Lo has been to a nursery since she was 2 months old and is now 4 so from what I can gather no major issues there! I made a point of making sure mum knows how professional us CM's are and how much paperwork we have to do, i.e more than a nursery :clapping: ! When mum saw my portfolio she was a little blown away by how indepth we have to be, I think I have changed her opinion of childminders. So if nothing else I have triumphed for us CM's! lol

Angela xx

helenlc
18-05-2008, 05:19 PM
One of the mums that came to see me recently was impressed with my portfolio and paper work. She had used a childminder a few years ago but LO had since been in a nursery.

I do think people are increasingly surpirsed at all the work and paper work esepcailly, that we put in.

Good luck with LO.

miffy
18-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Pleased it went well Angela - hope you hear from mum soon

miffy xx