PDA

View Full Version : Overnight care

Trpta108
03-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone can help me. Tribal is coming for a visit this week as I have applied to provide overnight care. So what I would like to know is what do I need to have in place? When I asked Ofsted on the phone she just said I would get a visit. My own bedroom is downstairs, which is where I would have lo sleeping as well in their own travel cot or mattress on the floor. The window has child lock and can be opened fully by an adult. I close the door to the kitchen and living room at night, and have my bag with torch and phone with me. Is this good enough or am I missing something? Is there something I should know when she comes?

nutella
03-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi,
I am registered for overnight care,it was a simple process.They will probably be looking for...
- fire escape plan.
- smoke alarms.
- location of fire blankets
- an adequate bed for the child, plus fresh bedding.
- washing facilities and their own fresh towel.
- that you are at a close distance to the child overnight.
- how you can get the child ready in the morning and deal with your own children.
- risk assessment.
- stairgates.
- they will ask how many children and what ages you are wanting to mind overnight.

Hope this helps,good luck with the visit.It is nothing to worry about though.Most of their requirments you should have in place anyway.

Trpta108
04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Thankyou for your reply, Nutella.:)