PDA

View Full Version : Need to start keeping track of spends...

jw19nr
17-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Hello, I am just starting out and am not regitered yet, but have already had to spend quite a bit on stuff. Just wondering what the easiest way to keep track of spends are? Also, if my outgoings are more than my incomings to start with, after working all that out, how does that work?

Also, can I only record stuff I have receipts for? What happens about second hand bits, bills, doctors fees etc? I have had to pay £45 just for my doctors form to be filled in :angry:

Any tips on how to get started on this please? Does anybody have any guide forms that i could use? Or links to somewhere that does?

crazybones
18-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Get yourself a folder first or box file and put all your receipts in it. Then a note pad to keep with it for everything you dont get a receipt for that is less than £10 (as you dont need receipts for things under £10). Then get yourself one of those carbon sheet invoice books for things you may buy without a receipt and write a quick receipt out when purchasing something and ask the person (eg Drs Surgery) to sign it for you.

Once you have started earning all your outgoings will go into you accounts book and then onto the tax form next April. It doesnt matter if you are working at a loss at first. Have a good read through this section of the forum for loads of other advice. Hope this helps. :D

miffy
18-05-2008, 06:25 AM
I agree with Annie

You don't need receipts for items under £10.00 unless you buy several things at the same time and the total cost comes to more than £10.00 - then you do need a receipt :rolleyes:

miffy xx

sarah707
18-05-2008, 06:42 AM
I agree with Annie

You don't need receipts for items under £10.00 unless you buy several things at the same time and the total cost comes to more than £10.00 - then you do need a receipt :rolleyes:

miffy xx

If you spend like this at a car boot sale or somewhere you're not going to get a receipt, just put all of them through separately or make a note in your accounts book 'no receipt - car boot'... :D