PDA

View Full Version : GUESTS STAYING IN YOUR HOME

The Juggler
01-12-2011, 03:10 PM
girls, just had this (very prompt) response from Ofsted and thought I would share in case anyone else had a similar query. We have friends relocating from overseas in January and staying with us for a few weeks and I thought they might need CRB's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon Mrs xxxxx

Further to your email 01/12/2011

If the guests are only staying for a few weeks checks will not be required as the individuals will be classed as visitors to the home, please note persons who are not vetted must not be left alone, or be in regular contact with children unsupervised.
If your guests are going to be staying for a period of six weeks or more, please notify us in order for this information to be reviewed.

Kind regards

sarahjane
01-12-2011, 04:04 PM
That's helpful as my daughter may be doing an exchange with an Italian student next year (she is 17) and I was wondering about whether this would be allowed or not :)

Pipsqueak
01-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Thats interesting - thank you for that Jugs.

I was always under the impression it was 2 weeks but hey ho that is a bonus cos my mum stays for around 4 weeks at a time

The Juggler
01-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Thats interesting - thank you for that Jugs.

I was always under the impression it was 2 weeks but hey ho that is a bonus cos my mum stays for around 4 weeks at a time

i thought it was 2 weeks too so I told our friends they'd need to get their bums into gear and find a flat quick or I'd have to check out their dark, seedy, criminal backgrounds before they could stay longer. Seems like they've had a repreive :laughing: :laughing:

not sure THEY are really prepared for staying in a house full of kids for up to 6 weeks though - they had enough trouble with our 2 when we stayed with them in the summer :p

Maza
01-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Very good to know. Thanks for sharing. My mum has just stayed over for two days and I felt really naughty! Good to know Ofsted have 'some' common sense!

ziggy
01-12-2011, 07:13 PM
thanks that is very helpful

Roseolivia
02-12-2011, 07:01 AM
When i rang about a student a couple weeks ago they told me anything under 6wks they wouldn't CRB her as it takes that long to get it done. Just not to leave her unsupervised.

miffy
02-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks Juggler - that's interesting.

Miffy xx

sue m
02-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Thank you :D That's very helpful for me too as my son may come over for a few days just before Christmas. I might not be working but it's good to know for another time. xx

cher25
02-12-2011, 09:34 AM
I was always under the impression it was anything more than 2 weeks aswell. Good to know it's longer than that. :thumbsup: