PDA

View Full Version : assistants training

boxtree7
01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Who should pay the childminder or the assistant for 1st aid, safegurarding and Food Hygiene.

sarah707
01-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I am not sure what you mean... nobody pays us, we do courses to stay legal, get more knowledge etc.

If we have assistants I would imagine you'd come to an agreement with them over first aid and safeguarding but ultimately as you are employing them you are responsible for them having the knowledge.

Is that what you mean? :D

munch149
01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
I would want them to have first aid before getting job so Would say thus was there responsibility. Any extras that I wanted them to do rather than they needed to I would probably pay for.

Don't have an assistant just my opinion.

jamiebec2000
01-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I have just been looking into this, in Lincoln we are lucky to still have funding.
I have paid for my assistants first aid as i am her employer and it is me that wants her to have her first aid, it is not needed if you are never leaving them alone.

So imho i would think the childminder not the assistant should pay because it benefits us not them.

As for paying them when on the course i am open to views on this area lol I say no my assistant says yes :laughing:

Becky

winstonian
03-12-2011, 08:53 AM
I've managed to get my assistant on some free courses with me and I paid her half pay whilst we were there and picked her up drove there and back - she didnt want paying but I thought that was unfair so we agreed on half rate. Then I paid for a baby sign language course for both of us but didnt pay her for that as it was quite expensive to book.
I think everyone probably does it a bit differently but my assistant is wonderful!!!

Polly2
04-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I have payed for any courses that my assistant goes on - but then I am her mum so maybe its a bit different :D

boxtree7
04-12-2011, 02:53 PM
I have paid after reading the above.