PDA

View Full Version : Letter to the planning office

Ecammy
30-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I am trying to write a letter to my local planning office asking if I am OK to childmind at my property. I have previously spoken on the telephone and they didnt offer any help so thought I would write a letter to them and put a copy in with my application.
Any key points I need to put in the letter?

Thanksx

claire250182
30-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Why do you need permission out of interest? x

sarah707
01-12-2011, 08:20 AM
I take it you are renting... I would talk about the ways I intend to protect their property while children are on the premises. Maybe include a full risk assessment. Advise them of any changes you will make to the house or garden which will raise the value of the house... things like that :D

Ecammy
01-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi All

I have been advise to write a letter to planning to make sure there isnt any restrictions on my property to prevent me from childmnding it is my own house and there shouldnt be.. My course tutor has said CSSIW like to see some written confirmation you have contacted planning before you put in your application and to put a copy in with your application.

Emx

sarah707
01-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Ahhh you are in Wales! :idea: They do things slightly differently to England.

I will pop your thread in the Welsh part of the forum where our Welsh members might be able to help you more :D

manjay
01-12-2011, 01:56 PM
I would just write a very basic letter saying you are planning to start childminding from your home and ask if they have any planning restrictions. Depends on the LA as to whether they will answer you or not but you can at least have a copy of your letter in your file. Generally they will have their own form they like you to complete so they may just send that out to you and then if you are really lucky you may get a letter from them saying there are no restrictions. When I registered the only restriction from my LA was that I couldn't mind more than 6 under 8's. Some LA's will restrict the total number of children you can have both under and over 8's.

Pob luc xx

tulip0803
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
In my area the council have devised a form for new childminders which included how many children would attend, how they would arrive, where parents could park to drop off. I also had to draw a picture of the road and local houses:rolleyes:

I am allowed the maximum number of children for my area (6 minded children of any age).