PDA

View Full Version : 2 under 1's

Loushah
30-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I have just registered to be a childminder, I have two sons 15 months and 5 months...I have just had an enquiry today from a lady who is looking for a childminder for 3 days to start in April when her baby is 8 months old. My youngest will then be 10 months.

Do you think there is any chance that OFSTED will give me a variation so I can have two under 1's for two months????

Pandypops
30-11-2011, 08:48 PM
There's certainly no harm in asking for a variation on your registration for two under-1's. There is a form you need to fill out and can be found in the Free Downloads section on this site.

I got a variation granted for two under-1's and I had only been minding for 3 months. However, mine did involve continuing the care of one child I already had and they did come and visit me because I was so new. It got turned around within 3 weeks.

Good luck :)

miffy
30-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Being newly registered shouldn't affect your chances of getting a variation for 2 under 1 year olds but Ofsted may decide to come and see you before they decide.

When you fill in your variation form make sure you put your case as strongly as possible showing how you will cope with feeding, changing, sleeping, transporting the babies etc.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Loushah
30-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Thank you both...I feel a lot better now.

Fingers crossed I'll get the variation.