PDA

View Full Version : so angry !!

desiderata
30-11-2011, 03:23 PM
my co ordinator called not long ago to say they know they have had a copy of my sef but they have lost it and need another copy for my accreditation file. Ok . Then she bought up the training again and has now said that if I do not agree to have days off in the week to do some creative learning training etc. then I will NOT be able to be registered ! I have offered to do evenings or weekends or online training but I dont see why I should lose money and pay for training ! sorry just needed to vent

Penny1959
30-11-2011, 03:36 PM
CHALLENGE

Ask them about importance of providing a reliable service to meet the needs of working parents - ask what they have in place to support the parents using your service. Point out that you already have contacts in place saying you will provide a service on the days and the times specifified in the contract. That your contract does not specifically mention time off for training - and that to re neogiated the contract could cause you to lose the contact - thus making you finacially unsustainable

Look at their paperwork - does the initial paperwork (when you asked about joining) specifically mention training during the working week. AND ask them about their duty to provide training at times that are accessible to all providers

I am cross as well now

Penny :)

EmmaReed84
30-11-2011, 03:37 PM
That is really bad! so basically they are saying lose a day, lose money and pay for a course... Yeah ok that sounds like a good idea this close to xmas and curent climate we are in, give that woman a medal for encouraging training in a positive way... :rolleyes:

Tink
30-11-2011, 03:43 PM
I have the same problem working over 50 hours a week, to provide a service to parents and still I have to do 20 hours training, erm when?
It's ridiculous, I have just updated my First Aid, Food Hygiene and Safeguarding what more could I need for the job I do?

desiderata
30-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks Penny x I will ask to see it. She says its in the requirements for Dudley x

Chimps Childminding
30-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Thats unfair!!! Its ok for nurseries etc who have other staff to cover when someone has to take time off during the working week to attend training, but to expect a self employed childminder to lose money and potentially clients to do training, which may or may not bring in more business is totally out of order!!!

I am not accredited, but several courses we have looked at attending are during the week and it just isn't feasible :angry:

blue bear
30-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I really freel for you, does your co-ordinator not understand how childminders work?

sarah707
30-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Blooming ridiculous :( Listen to Penny she knows about these things. She used to be the other side of the fence.

Hugs xx

rosebud
30-11-2011, 06:13 PM
I would ask: A)Whether they will be compensating you for loss of earnings and B)Whether they will provide another childcare provider to enable your parents to attend work. I'm sure the answer will be no but it might get your point across. Training should be available on weekends and evenings - even then its hard to give up our time but at least it doesn't affect our work.

desiderata
30-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Even more annoyed now !! tried to explain the situation to the parent concerned as to how this was not feasible for me and her reply was "Well you dont have mine on a Friday so do it then ! Err what about the other children I care for that do come Fridays x ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh Im seething:angry:

rickysmiths
30-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Or do what I do and what NCMA recommended some years ago.

I have 4 paid Training Days a year built into my Contracts. I may not take them all but they are there if I need them.

I have never had a problem with this and the parents on the whole do work place training themselves so they understand. They also know that I do do most of my training in the evenings and weekends so know I wouldn't do it in the week unless I thought it was worthwhile.

Helcatt
30-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Or do what I do and what NCMA recommended some years ago.

I have 4 paid Training Days a year built into my Contracts. I may not take them all but they are there if I need them.

I have never had a problem with this and the parents on the whole do work place training themselves so they understand. They also know that I do do most of my training in the evenings and weekends so know I wouldn't do it in the week unless I thought it was worthwhile.

That's interesting. I might add that in to my contracts

I do most of my training on a weekend but there are a few courses that I would like to do that are only ever on a weekday.

Its easy for the co-ordinators to tell you to take a day off, unpaid, but its not them that will be upsetting parents

Hx