PDA

View Full Version : HEEEEELP!!!

EmmaReed84
30-11-2011, 01:31 PM
OMG!!! What do you do when the children you are looking after are all tired and crying at the same time and just dont give up?

I have 15 month old mindee asleep upstairs, she is fine so issues with her. But I have 2 1/2 year old mindee and 3 year old son who are both shattered, crying, yawning, rubbing their eys. They wont play, sit and read book, lay on the sofa, watch telly or have a cuddle. They are just crying. I have now told them both to sit on the sofas and put peppa pig on and told them to chill out. They are still moaning and yawning... can you say headache?

jaja
30-11-2011, 01:42 PM
how about a film, get the blankets out to curl under, a warm ish drink, maybe hot chocolate and cuddle up, will prob just fall asleep if not then you have 15 mins of peace, its hard but it might work xx

Helen79
30-11-2011, 02:38 PM
I'd pop the 2yr old in the buggy and rock them to sleep if they're struggling to lay down and sleep by themselves. Then hopefully that'd give your ds some peace to sit quietly and hopefully have a nap or just a rest watching tv.

rosebud
30-11-2011, 03:08 PM
If they won't have a story or a cuddle I'd do the same as you and let them have the tv on for half an hour. Just chance to chill out often works wonders. If that doesn't work I'd do something completely different and take them outside.

singingcactus
30-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I would usually give each child a largish tub of raisins. Most kids like them (for some unknown reason) and they take concentration to dig them out of a deep tub and eat. They usually will calm down enough to nod off during this.