PDA

View Full Version : What is the best and worst thing...

EmmaReed84
30-11-2011, 11:38 AM
In you opinion what is the best part and worst part of childminding?

I love doing activities with the kids and being creative. I even actually enjoy doing the paperwork side of it... sometimes lol

I hate my house though. I have quite a small house and everything is in the living room, sofa, telly, toys, computer and dining table. Wish I had a large kitchen with space for table and a play room.... Then it would be perfect... I am yet to experience awful parents lol

ziggy
30-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I love being with the children, I think the hardest part is sometimes feeling lonely being home without other adults.

Hardest bit for me right now ( and i'm sure i'm not the only one) is lack of work and consequently lack of money but have enough to keep me ticking over

kindredspirits
30-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I love doing the crafty stuff but like you I hate the fact that I don't have a playroom and my living room is big enough for what I do but would love to have more toys permenantly out - for the past 3 days I have been asked to set up the cooker which has to go down at the end of every day otherwise the place starts to look like a toy shop!

Cazz
30-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I love the relationship I have with the children and their parents and the fact that the children enjoy coming to my home. It's lovely to play a part in them growing up and achieving so many things. I also love the fact that I'm at home for my own children when needed.

The main thing I don't like is the uncertainty of the job - the fact that you can lose mindees at anytime and the financial worries that this can cause.

I have to admit that I'm not keen on the craft side of things but that's because I'm not very good at it and get a bit tense and am itching to get the hoover out when my dining room is getting completely covered in glitter!

Overall, I absolutely love my career and wish I had done it years ago!

VeggieSausage
30-11-2011, 12:56 PM
don't enjoy after schools or working til 6.30 but do like being my own boss and doing what I want for the week x

uf353432
30-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Got to be honest there are no down sides for me doing this job. I see the problems with parents, loosing kids every now and again a positive as it allows me to stretch my grey matter or I know there will be a big change to spice things up a bit.

I love being with the kids, I love my setting, I think almost all of the families are wonderful and actually even the couple who are challenging at times are actually not that bad in the scheme of things. I love that I make a difference to these families.

Happy to craft, make, get messy, dress up, make a den, set up a role play experience, clean up, cook, collect after school - i'm just a pretty happy camper.

I've got 8 today - i'm having a ball - the kids are having a great time.

Greengrass74
30-11-2011, 01:27 PM
for me the best thing is working alongside my wife, the kids, trips out, it's our own business, working from home and so much more, the list is never ending.

Downsides are I can't think of any really maybe the long hours and the paper work but most of that I enjoy especially observations and planning.

lauren1979
30-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Best bit is being at home with my own children and getting to play all day.

Worst bit is the cleaning/mess! I am very laid back about housework etc but still seem to spend most of my time sweeping breadsticks/glitter/toast/mud/bits of cut paper etc off the floor!

Tink
30-11-2011, 03:04 PM
I love my job :) playing and getting to know each individual child and making a difference in each of their lives.

I don't like parents thinking I am at their beckon call, I do 8-6 not before and not after no matter how many times you text me!!!:angry:

rosebud
30-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Best thing - Cuddles! and knowing I am making a difference to childrens lives.
Worst thing - Glitter - It gets everywhere and drives me crazy!

Chimps Childminding
30-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Best bit - the children (well most of them :rolleyes: )
Worst bit - losing my house under a tonne of paperwork, toys, baby equipment when my sons are all 19+ Oh to have a nice, tidy house :D

mrs robbie williams
30-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Best bit - the children (well most of them :rolleyes: )
Worst bit - losing my house under a tonne of paperwork, toys, baby equipment when my sons are all 19+ Oh to have a nice, tidy house :D

Im with you on this - my house has been taken over by baby equipment but only have baby mindee 3 days a week so at least on a wednesday night i can tidy it all away and pop it in the spare bedroom - dining room/toy room kind of resembles a nursery and as for paperwork :panic: im really getting bored with that side of it now :laughing: :laughing:

dette
30-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I love having a house full of happy kids.I love glitter (even in my carpet)
I love pretend ironing and reading books.
Dont like trying to find a floor under all the toys every night.
Dont like it when all the toy boxes get mixed up and i have to spend hours sorting fireman sam from the horses and bricks from the dressing up !!!

keeks
30-11-2011, 05:39 PM
I LOVE my job! Best bit is spending the day with the children and the close relationship I get to form with them and the families, compared to what you can do as a teacher. I probably laugh on average 50 times a day at these crazy babies and their antics!

I also love observing and planning (I know!!! :eek: ), and the challenge of establishing a routine that works with all children and families.

The only downside is doing my accounts :panic: . Oh, and feeling guilty if I need to close due to my own children's illness. Parents are great about it, but that just makes me feel worse! :(

xx

keeks
30-11-2011, 05:41 PM
I love having a house full of happy kids.I love glitter (even in my carpet)
I love pretend ironing and reading books.
Dont like trying to find a floor under all the toys every night.
Dont like it when all the toy boxes get mixed up and i have to spend hours sorting fireman sam from the horses and bricks from the dressing up !!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I thought I was the only one! It makes the carpets so much prettier!

xx

EmmaReed84
30-11-2011, 05:52 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I thought I was the only one! It makes the carpets so much prettier!

xx

lol today I we decorated foam xmas trees with glitter and poms poms and there is glitter all over my carpet and I sat on the sofa and swayed from side to side looking at my pretty twinkling carpet... Soon enough we were all on the sofa swaying, we must have look so funny... :laughing: