PDA

View Full Version : Hand Foot and Mouth

clorogue
30-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Can you tell me what the latest guidance is for Hand Foot and Mouth - I am looking into it and getting various information - so looking for your wisdom!

Thank you

AgentTink
30-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Here is the link to the health protection agency guidelines

http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1203496946639

They say no exclusion period needed.

My little girl and two mindees both had this 2 weeks ago. My little girl suffered the most as she had blisters in her mouth which made it painful for her to eat and drink, she ended up living on yoghurt and milk for 2 days, however she was not unwell in herself, neither were the 2 mindees.

It would depend on how poorly the little one who has got it. If she is unwell and cannot participate in your daily activities or needs medicine then she should be at home in my opinion.

All three of my LO's went to the doctors and the advise was the same, no need for exclusion and nothing was given to treat it.

clorogue
30-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Thank you so much. I guess I have to inform the other parents if it is HFM. THanks again, appreciate it.

Alibali
30-11-2011, 03:00 PM
one of mine has this now too, but her mouth is really sore and as such her Mum has decided to keep her at home, it's disturbing her sleep too, so she's very tired.

Chimps Childminding
30-11-2011, 05:09 PM
One of my mums text me monday to say lo had been to docs and doc thought it might be HFM but wasn't sure, could he still come!! As there is no exclusion for this and he was the only mindee I had booked in that day (apart from his school age sister) I agreed as long as he was ok in himself.

Bless him he was a little darling, didn't whinge once, and no blisters have appeared so guessing it might not have been HFM :rolleyes: