PDA

View Full Version : Advertising- where?

Jodie1989
30-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Hello all,

I have spaces to fill for the New Year, I just wondered where the best places to advertise from your experiences.

I have a free account on childcare.co.uk however I'm not looking to pay £20.00 a month when some people have no interest that works out as five working hard hours pay. So please don't tell me to join that to gold at that price it's not an option unfortunately.

I have netmums and sent out local cards but how else to make parents more aware of my services.

Thanks in advance.

stardust
30-11-2011, 09:56 AM
hummmmmmmm

leaflets
posters/ cards in shops
Ask if you are able to display a poster at you local school.
Drop it into conversation with everyone.
if you send christmas cards to your neighbours add a buisness card in.
The more people who know the more people they can mention it to.

I gave my brother some buisness cards and the randomer has been giving them out on the bus on the way to and from college (hes 19) :rolleyes: 'only to people with children though tar' :laughing:

where else..........................
add's on free websites (be aware you may get random messages so if it sounds to good to be true it may be so be careful)

Mrs Pootle
30-11-2011, 12:28 PM
For me word of mouth has been my biggest advertisement. I attend playgroup / mums & toddlers even if I don't have mindees with me that day, just so that my face is seen and people know I'm a childminder.

I was lucky enough to get a mindee who needed picking up at lunchtime from the school nursery, and so whilst waiting in line for them to come out I got into conversation with the parents & grandparents and ended up with some after schoolies. Every opportunity to drop into conversation what I do, I take.

I also have a good relationship with my hairdresser who very kindly passes on my card to any of her clients who may need childcare, it's amazing what comes up in conversation at the hairdressers.

Good luck, it is hard to fill spaces.

Richard
30-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Hello all,

I have spaces to fill for the New Year, I just wondered where the best places to advertise from your experiences.

I have a free account on childcare.co.uk however I'm not looking to pay £20.00 a month when some people have no interest that works out as five working hard hours pay. So please don't tell me to join that to gold at that price it's not an option unfortunately.

I have netmums and sent out local cards but how else to make parents more aware of my services.

Thanks in advance.

Many registered childmidners have filled all of their vacancies via our website so the gold memberhip fee is usually a worthwhile investment.

rosebud
30-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Make sure you've told absolutely everyone you know - word of mouth is by far the best way. Netmums, childcare.co.uk also good, leave your business cards in children's centres, libraries, doctors surgery, anywhere you can think of that mums will be.

Jodie1989
30-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Thank you for all your input I think I just need to get out as much a possible to meet the community. I will get some posters up in playgroups and that. As for the childcare website I would love to use it but I'm simply not paying that so that is a no no.. I also would be worried that if I spent all that money then didn't get children it's a loss im not risking ..as it is not successful for all. Great new for those it has proven good.

Are their any other websites like net mums does anyone know?

dette
30-11-2011, 06:14 PM
My kids all wear hi vis vests and they get loads of attention.People always asking why they wear them ..so word spreads quickly.Borrow your friends kids ,put them in vests and get youself a badge with CHILDMINDER on.Be your own advert ..Good luck

Jodie1989
30-11-2011, 08:37 PM
That is a really good idea. I would never had thought that.
Thank you

Zumba-mum
30-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Gone on vista print and get a top with your info on and wear it at soft plays/ toddlers/park ect. I've just put a poster in my car window :D

Richard
30-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Thank you for all your input I think I just need to get out as much a possible to meet the community. I will get some posters up in playgroups and that. As for the childcare website I would love to use it but I'm simply not paying that so that is a no no.. I also would be worried that if I spent all that money then didn't get children it's a loss im not risking ..as it is not successful for all. Great new for those it has proven good.

Are their any other websites like net mums does anyone know?

It would be worth trying us just for one month at least. Most childminders get a great return from their investment in our service.

Jodie1989
30-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Lol I give you that you are trying hard - childcare.co.uk but pennies are tight and I won't be spending that money. I have heard successful stories but not enough to sway me. I will wait for a deal like October.

Thanks tho

Richard
01-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Lol I give you that you are trying hard - childcare.co.uk but pennies are tight and I won't be spending that money. I have heard successful stories but not enough to sway me. I will wait for a deal like October.

Thanks tho

You are running a business and need to speculate to accumulate like other businesses. Our website receives over 600,000 visitors a month with over half of these being parents seeking childcare so for a small investment there is very good chance of filling at least one vacancy if you make full use of our service.

Jodie1989
01-12-2011, 10:53 AM
When I am entitled to the members discount I will give it a go :)

Thanks

Jodie

Richard
01-12-2011, 11:49 AM
When I am entitled to the members discount I will give it a go :)

Thanks

Jodie

It looks like you might be there now with 35 posts. You will need to check with one of the moderators.

Jodie1989
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Lovely I will try to contact one :) Thank you.

Richard
01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Lovely I will try to contact one :) Thank you.

Good luck and let us know if you need any help with anything.

Jodie1989
01-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Good luck and let us know if you need any help with anything.

I can't seem to get on with getting this code.. Pauline sent me a link but can't get onto it for some reason :/

allison
01-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi, have you tried joining a local cm group? being part of a group may help you as they may pass your details out too. have you join your vms?