PDA

View Full Version : Drawing pins alternative?

jadavi
30-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi - I am having a bit of a freak out re drawing pins as found one bright coloured one on floor where it could've been eaten by a lo. Bigger kids can reach up and tug off the papers. .
Has anyone one got a good alternative for hanging papers ? Household stuff school docs etc? We have always used a board with pins. Ofsted didn't mention it nor did my do.
Thinking of a board with cross cross elastic i have seen to tuck stuff behind . Anyone know where I can get one?
Cheers

Twinkles
30-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I have a white notice board with magnets that keep the papers on ( got it in Staples I think )

For Christmas decs and artwork displays I use sticky back velcro or bluetack.

The Juggler
30-11-2011, 01:35 PM
be careful with dropping magnets too (unless they are too huge to be eaten). What about blue or white tack hon?

jadavi
30-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks I couldnt see one without an additional notice board stuck to it but will try and look in Staples in town.

Does anyone else use alternatives to drawing pins for their own household use?

Greengrass74
30-11-2011, 01:42 PM
What about a Post-it notice board, no need for pins etc.

Here is a link

http://www.completeofficesupplies.co.uk/StoreProd/Postit-Adhesive-Board-Classic-W585xH460mm-Blue-Ref-558NB_387518.html

jadavi
30-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks Dave, yes i\ have replaced the pins with blue tack not sure how long it'l last oin the cork!! Doesnt hold up multiple papers tho...

The post it board looks interesting but I guess the sticky would wear off after time? have you got one?

Greengrass74
30-11-2011, 02:42 PM
We have one in the hall way which we use for the weekly menus and weekly plan, we have had it for over 6 months and is still sticky, but I suppose it will lose its stickyness at some stage.

Cazz
30-11-2011, 03:50 PM
be careful with dropping magnets too (unless they are too huge to be eaten). What about blue or white tack hon?

Magnets frighten me as much as drawing pins.

The sticky board that Dave mentioned looks interesting though.

blue bear
30-11-2011, 05:17 PM
I use sticky Velcro, I put the rough side on the board and sticks bits of the fluffy aide on the letters. I get it from the fabric shop quite cheap in metre lengths

dette
30-11-2011, 06:09 PM
I've got big metal notice boards from IKEA and big magnets with a kind of bulldog clip on them (also fom IKEA)They are really strong .Ive got visitor book clipped to one.Also little magnetic chalk boards for writing daily menu on (IKEA) and magnetic photopaper for kids photo and emergency contact numbers (not from IKEA)

*daisychain*
01-12-2011, 10:01 PM
In the nursery I worked in we used copydex for everything and it sticks to anything :)