PDA

View Full Version : OMG..VM re. childminding spaces what do I say???

Loushah
29-11-2011, 11:10 PM
I have had one previous enquiry via email which didn't result in anything but had a missed call today and the lady left a voice message advising that she is looking for a childminder for her lo and requested me to give her a call back.

I was putting my boys to bed when she rang and never checked my phone till 21:30 so was too late to call back. so will call her tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on the kind of questions I should ask her and what kind of questions she may ask me....maybe obvious to you but I'm a newbie so any advice would be appreciated.

The Juggler
29-11-2011, 11:20 PM
keep it cool. ask her what she is looking for , days, hours, ask how old her child is, is it is first minder, is she just going back to work etc.

Then if you feel you can help her arrange a visit time. If she puts you on the spot with any quesitons about how much it will cost, tell her it all depends on hours needed and you can work out an estimate when she visits if she'd like.

good luck x:)

Loushah
29-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Thank you for your advice, I have been panicking that I have only had one enquiry but now panicking even more now I have had an enquiry. I don't want to mess it up.

EmmaReed84
30-11-2011, 06:27 AM
I have a new starter pack because I am rubbish at remembering questions so I just get out the questionnaire and just ask them:

What days / hours do you require?
How many children do you have?
What are their ages?
What school / pre school does your child/children attend?
What are the feeding arrangements? (i.e. packed lunch, baby food, etc.)
Does your child have any special dietary requirements?
Does your child have any special needs?

Once I have asked those questions I am able to say if I can help; if I can I then offer an out of hours visit first visit no children to be able to talk properly, then if I get a second visit it is during work hours they are required to sign in and they can see me work... Then we go on from there

Loushah
30-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Thankyou Emma for your help...spoke to the lady and think I got everything I needed. I am definately going to do a new starter pack as well, good suggestion!

EmmaReed84
30-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Thankyou Emma for your help...spoke to the lady and think I got everything I needed. I am definately going to do a new starter pack as well, good suggestion!

Hurrah, I helped someone lol! :clapping: