PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole my NEW single buggy

Helcatt
29-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Well, have had it a few months but its the newer of the two!

Am so cross. Partly with myself for not locking it when I folded it down last night. I have a chain with a combination lock but can't stretch it round a triple, two doubles and two single buggies. I have been meaning to get another lock for a while now so that parents can chain their buggies here too if they choose to leave them

Partly with the fact that it must be someone on or street! Well, I suppose maybe not but not many people go past, you only come in to our street to come to our street, there is no other reason, it leads no-where else. So it is likely that it is someone who knows what we do for a living and has still taken it anyway!

I suppose there is always the possibility that some random stranger was wandering along last night

Completely messed up the school run this morning as had timed it right for taking that buggy, not faffing

And that was not a cheap one and not one of my usual second hand jobs - over £200

Rant over:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

HX

miffy
29-11-2011, 09:36 PM
There are some swines about! :angry:

Can you claim on your insurance?

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
30-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Thats so annoying, and more annoying that it could be someone who lives by you :angry:

A few years ago we had an outhouse on the side of our house knocked down. It was knocked down on saturday for the builders to come and start building an extension on the monday! Sometime between saturday and monday some one got into our garden sheds and pinched the lawn mower, pressure washer and electric sander :angry:

We live in a cul-de-sac on a smallish village estate so it must have been someone on here to see what we were doing, as that was the only time you were able to gain access to our garden without going through the house :angry: :angry:

sarah707
30-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Try claiming on your insurance if you still have the receipt.

Hugs xx

keeks
30-11-2011, 05:52 PM
That's awful! I hope you can claim it on your insurance.

I always take mine in, left it out one night by mistake and my neighbour still can't believe it didn't get stolen. She knocks to remind me if it is out after 5.30. :)

xx

Helcatt
30-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I think my excess is £250 so hardly worth the effort. Am just cross that it is likely to be someone on the street, more than anything else!

Rah

HX