PDA

View Full Version : What is a DO?

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I am a little confused what is a DO or IA or what ever other names they have? I have only ever spoken to some one from my local council FIS. I had a call one day when I first registered and she asked what I had in place so I told her she seemed very helpful and advised on some useful downloads, but that is it.

Playmate
29-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Development officer or Improvement advisor is someone who is employed either by the LA or NCMA contracted by the LA. Many areas no longer have either and I suggest as you are a new CM and haven't come across either that your LA no longer employs either. There roles vary according to the LA's specific requirements. In some areas they carry out home visits and in some they don't. There role is totally advisory, they usually give advice on good practice, sometimes facilitate training etc, usually responsible for passing on useful peices of information on behalf of their LA. Hth :D

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Development officer or Improvement advisor is someone who is employed either by the LA or NCMA contracted by the LA. Many areas no longer have either and I suggest as you are a new CM and haven't come across either that your LA no longer employs either. There roles vary according to the LA's specific requirements. In some areas they carry out home visits and in some they don't. There role is totally advisory, they usually give advice on good practice, sometimes facilitate training etc, usually responsible for passing on useful peices of information on behalf of their LA. Hth :D

Thanks for that... what is an LA lol?

Tealady
29-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Local Authority! aka the council

EmmaReed84
30-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Ahhh... Thank you, I feel so stupid now :blush: