PDA

View Full Version : when to start sef???

tash 1
29-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi have obtained token from ofsted for sef form but have yet to mind any children.Got certificate October but no mindees(where are all the mindees)should I be starting sef and will this have to be completed when ofsted come to inspect (around March/April)next year Also what will happen if I still have no mindees at inspection I have done so much work this past year starting to panic a bit:panic:

Louise317
29-11-2011, 08:01 PM
It would hurt to start putting a few ideas down on your SEF you don't have to submit it... that way you can keep updating as you go... 'cos if you leave it till nearer the time you'll flap.

It took me days to write a big chunk, I didn't complete before my inspection because with everything else I just ran out of time :( Mrs O was happy with what I had though. Now with inspection done and report in I just need to sit down one weekend to complete it!!

Hope you find some mindee's soon xx

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 08:09 PM
I registered in June, started minding in Aug and have my inspection on Friday. I just recieved my token today and made a start this evening.

I spoke to Mrs O who is coming on Friday and asked about my SEF and she said it is not something that HAS to be done, just recommended, also that it doesnt matter if I dont complete it by her visit, but she would like to see a start.

Also I spoke to Ofsted when I first registered and they said that they inspect up to 6 months after you start minding children so if you dont get children until Feb call them and explain. I didnt bother because I just want it done and out the way

tash 1
29-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I registered in June, started minding in Aug and have my inspection on Friday. I just recieved my token today and made a start this evening.

I spoke to Mrs O who is coming on Friday and asked about my SEF and she said it is not something that HAS to be done, just recommended, also that it doesnt matter if I dont complete it by her visit, but she would like to see a start.

Also I spoke to Ofsted when I first registered and they said that they inspect up to 6 months after you start minding children so if you dont get children until Feb call them and explain. I didnt bother because I just want it done and out the way
Good luck hun for friday,hope all goes well.:)

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Good luck hun for friday,hope all goes well.:)

TY... I am more nervous for this than I was for my driving test lol

tash 1
29-11-2011, 08:48 PM
TY... I am more nervous for this than I was for my driving test lol
let us know how u get on.
Tashx

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 08:53 PM
let us know how u get on.
Tashx

If you dont hear from me again you know it went crap lol... But believe me if it goes well the whole world and his dog will know lol. x