PDA

View Full Version : 3 lo's and 3 schoolies for strike day - activity ideas please!!!

VeggieSausage
29-11-2011, 01:46 PM
3 pre-scheelers and 3 older ones for strike day, no car, weather pants - what will I do for the day?.....any ideas anyone - thaaaaaanks x :rolleyes:

Twinkle-Toes
29-11-2011, 02:43 PM
I am in a similar situation, with 5 schoolies and 2 littlies....can't all fit in the car and nowhere in walking distance really so....

Was going to go against my better judgement and embrace Christmas lol

Chrimbo songs, dancing, toilet roll angels, decorate biscuits etc.....basically the whole of my December planning may be used in 1 day..... so any other ideas are welcome :thumbsup:

ziggy
29-11-2011, 03:42 PM
I also thought i would start on christmas activities, as sometimes hard to find time during short after school sessions.

Also thought would allow mad free play with art resources as last week offered this and never known children so quiet...............felt really good when one parent said 'oh arent u good? I couldnt cope with the mess'

rosebud
29-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm going to do the same. I have 6 aged from 1-12 years. Going to make hanging angels (idea pinched from another minder last week!), hanging sparkly christmas spirals from laminating sheets, I might do mini xmas cakes as have ingredients left (parents gifts) and maybe a big christmas tree picture that they can do together with collage materials. I wouldn't usually start xmas crafts for another week but this seems like an ideal opportunity. Other ideas are also welcome I'm full of cold and not feeling very creative.

PixiePetal
29-11-2011, 05:41 PM
what about salt dough shapes for xmas decs they could all join in in their own way :thumbsup:

I was going to a Christmas craft morning tomorrow but looking at the weather we might do this instead :D

nikki thomson
29-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Gosh you are all busy, I'm lucky my two schoolies arn't coming so just my 3 and lo, there's a big group of us going out for the day to an indoor play area then pizza hut, yum yum. Xx

miffy
29-11-2011, 05:47 PM
I'd start on the Christmas things too or make playdough or do some baking or just relax and follow what the children want to do.

Have fun

Miffy xx

amanda1309
29-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I am going round to another minders house and we are doing Christmas crafts in the morning, then when the little ones sleep after lunch we are having a movie afternoon with sweets and popcorn :clapping:

babs
29-11-2011, 07:44 PM
its St Andrews day ... scottish flag making, loch ness monster pics, looking at castles. then followed by xmas crafts thats what im doin...

crazyhazy
29-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I have my own two, 3y and 5y plus 2 mindees nearly 5y and 6y. The 6y old is coming early at 7 cos her mum has an inspection at work and has asked to come in her pjs, so we're going to have a pjs morning, maybe watch a xmas movie. One then goes home at 12, so after lunch the older girls will be decorating shoe boxes which when finished will be used to store all the xmas crafts we'll be doing over the next month. My little one done hers while they were at school yesterday but she'll be happy doing anything lol

dette
29-11-2011, 08:49 PM
well six of my own 7 kids are off school(my other is at uni) so no school runs or lunch boxes and my mindee isnt coming tomorrow so i'm thinking...a nice sleep in followed by hanging around in my dressing gown then having dinner from the chip shop then loads of telly...oh what a busy day :D

kel1983
29-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I have 3 lo's and 3 schoolies too. I kept telling the children and myself that christmas crafts would not be started until next week.

Well they are going to be very confused tomorrow when I start them half a week early :laughing:

Its the only thing I can really think of at the moment. Was planning on taking them for a run around the local park but weather is not looking too great.

uf353432
29-11-2011, 09:21 PM
I have 8 tomorrow lol xmas crafts i think