PDA

View Full Version : What happens when they turn 12 months ?

*daisychain*
29-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi,
At the moment I am minding a 14 month,a 10 month and my own DS 18 months . I have someone interested in me minding their 14 month but wondering if I can. What happens when My 10 month turns 12 months ? Do I have to get rid of one ?!:eek:

VeggieSausage
29-11-2011, 01:40 PM
You couldn't have them all on the same day. You can have 3 pre-schoolers at the same time and only one of them can be under 1. So it depends what combination of children you have when but at the same time no you couldn't.

uf353432
29-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Your registration cert will likely say you can care for no more than 2 (3 inc your son) children under the age of 5, of which only 1 can be under 1 yr.

So if the 3 tots you care for are all full time then you cannot take on another child in the under 5 age group. If you have your hours made up of part timers - you could take on another as long as you stayed within your ratio as per your certificate and had no more than 3 (inc your child) at any one time.

sarahjane
29-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Depending on the hours the new one wants, if they clash with other hours meaning you will have 4 under 5's for any period of time it is possible to write to Ofsted and get a variation on your certificate allowing you to have them. I have done this on and off over the last 5 years with no problems.

AgentTink
29-11-2011, 01:45 PM
You can only look after 3 children under the age of 5, (or 4 if they attend full time school in england, slighlty different in wales) at any one time.

If you have a child yourself under this age i would guess that your certficate would read "not more than 2 may be in the early years group, and of these not more than 1 may be under 1 years of age".

Therefore you can only look after a additional 2 children alongside your son, so when your 10 month old baby turns 1 they are still classed as one of your 2 children that you are allowed under the age of 5.

Are both the mindees full time? Do you have space to accomodate the new request?

miffy
29-11-2011, 01:46 PM
It depends how many you are registered for but your own ds will count in those numbers.

The child under one will also count in your under 5's so, from what you've said, (unless you are having the new child on different days to at least one of the others) you already have 3 children under 5.

Miffy xx

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Like everyone has said, your certificate will say how many under 5's you can have.
If you can fit the new mindee in between the other 3 then thats fine but if not, you'll have to say no.

*daisychain*
29-11-2011, 01:53 PM
well that pooh isn't it !! :(
They are almost full timers ( 4 days each) so unless I'm really lucky and it fits in with the days it's a no no.
Thanks peeps xx

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 01:56 PM
well that pooh isn't it !! :(
They are almost full timers ( 4 days each) so unless I'm really lucky and it fits in with the days it's a no no.
Thanks peeps xx

Shame isnt it...wish I was so lucky to turn people away....really slow at the moment

miffy
29-11-2011, 01:56 PM
You could try for a variation if you can't quite fit the new one in but it's unlikely Ofsted will grant it if it's for new business - no harm in asking though.

Miffy xx

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I've recently had a variation and the woman on the phone asked me if it was for continuity of care or a sibling. Also the form now asks this too...it never used to but I think they have changed it.

Like Miffy says.. Worth a go though

mrs robbie williams
29-11-2011, 02:09 PM
when i rang ofsted enquiring about a variation they said they only grant them now if its continuity of care