PDA

View Full Version : What do you do on your own childern's birthday's

fionamadcat
29-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Still new to this and not really sure what to do with my ds's birthday! He's 10 next friday and I will have most of my mindee's. I asked him when he wants to open his presents and he has said after everyone has gone home, fair enough, but not really sure whether to make a fuss of his birthday with party food and cake after school or if to leave it and not make much mention of it till they are all away home. What do you all do?

Helen Dempster
29-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I usually have a little tea party if it's after school and I'm working. I don't usually do the opening of pressies until everyone's gone home though, cos I think that's nice just being family and it's more relaxed :) But at the end of the day, it's up to you and your family hun.

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 01:03 PM
My mindees come at 7am and DS was 3 in Nov and I had to work, DS was not going to wait lol. We opened presents and one mindee cried because he didnt have any... From now I am just going to book their birthdays off, it is only 2 days of the year and far less stressfull lol

Chatterbox Childcare
29-11-2011, 01:17 PM
At 10 I expect a tea party is a bit young. I would wait and have a family tea once they are all gone - a take away or delivery pizza is good as you don't have to prepare it and can spend with him or what about Pizza Hut - mega deals on at the moment.

muffins
29-11-2011, 01:55 PM
I book my childrens & husbands birthdays off, my LO's are v young 1 & 2 so just feel I don't want other children around on those days!:D

dette
29-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I usually do a party for tea ..kills two birds with one stone and doesnt have to healthy for a change.Get little ones icing cakes and making jelly all afternoon. But i always wait with prezzies till the mindees go if poss coz theres always one who doesnt like not being star of the show and start crying.

mushpea
29-11-2011, 08:19 PM
in the past my children have had special days at the weekend and had their presents then all accept one present which I keep back for their birthdays,, as we have always don this they accept it as the norm,, this year though it was my daughters 13th so i booked the afternoon off,