PDA

View Full Version : mandatory certs to display?

jadavi
29-11-2011, 12:18 PM
HI, apart from the public liability and the ofsted number for complaints, can anyone give mt the minimum mandatory certs we need to display? I have too many now and feel sure they can be thinned down...

cheers

ja

rickysmiths
29-11-2011, 12:20 PM
You have to have your Registration Certificate up and I have my First Aid Cert and my Food Hygiene Diploma up as well.

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I just have reg cert and ofsted poster....everything else is in a folder

rickysmiths
29-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I just have reg cert and ofsted poster....everything else is in a folder

You need to display your Public Liability Insurance Cert.:thumbsup:

nikki thomson
29-11-2011, 12:35 PM

I thought you only need to display your public liability insurance certificate of you employed people?!!!, If this isn't right can someone set me straight, thanks, I do get confused and it doesn't take much, lol. X

Louise317
29-11-2011, 12:46 PM
I have reg cert, public liability, Ofsted poster and my complaints procedure. At my inspection she said I needed nothing else and had the right things up.

With public liability I was told by development worker this had to be up so parents know you are covered and the dates.

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 12:55 PM

Do I? Great !! something else to clutter the hallway :angry:

Ofsted never mentioned it on my last inspection

christine e
29-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Do I? Great !! something else to clutter the hallway :angry:

Ofsted never mentioned it on my last inspection

No you don't have to - only employers liability is you employ someone

Cx

Chatterbox Childcare
29-11-2011, 01:19 PM

No you don't. The only 2 things that HAVE to be displayed are first aid and reg certificate.

I cannot find anything else listed in the EYFS or Ofsted guidance.

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 01:24 PM
I have loads of things on my wall. My first aid cert, parent poster, reg cert, fire evac, house rules, ins docs and training certs. They are not in frames, just laminated and blue tacked up so they are all close together and are behind the door so not too obvious

Toothfairy
29-11-2011, 01:27 PM
I have my Public Liability, Registration, Pead First Aid, Hubby's Pead First Aid, Outstanding certificate and the Ofsted Parents poster up.

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 01:32 PM
So I dont HAVE to have my insurance cert displayed but I DO have to have my first Aid cert displayed?

This is getting more and more confusing by the minute...lol

I only have my Reg Cert and Ofsted poster and that was fine last time

miffy
29-11-2011, 01:43 PM
The only 2 things that HAVE to be displayed are first aid and reg certificate.

I thought the only things that you have to display are your registration certificate and the ofsted parents poster.

I have never heard of the first aid certificate being something that had to be displayed.

Miffy xx

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I thought the only things that you have to display are your registration certificate and the ofsted parents poster.

I have never heard of the first aid certificate being something that had to be displayed.

Miffy xx

Samehere...this is what Ive always displayed :D

mummyme
29-11-2011, 02:00 PM
No you don't. The only 2 things that HAVE to be displayed are first aid and reg certificate.

I cannot find anything else listed in the EYFS or Ofsted guidance.

Sorry to argue but yes you do. I had my inspection just last week and the first two things she looked for was the re certificate and insurance certificate.

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry to argue but yes you do. I had my inspection just last week and the first two things she looked for was the re certificate and insurance certificate.

Really....now this is what really gets me cross :angry: How are we supposd to know what to have up when every inspector is looking for different things????

miffy
29-11-2011, 02:10 PM

I think the inspector was wrong - you only need to display insurance if you employ someone.

Miffy xx

nikki thomson
29-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I think the inspector was wrong - you only need to display insurance if you employ someone.

Miffy xx

I thought that was the case but wasn't sure if I'd just dreamt it up. X

christine e
29-11-2011, 02:50 PM

Miffy xx

I'm with Miffy on this the only things you have to have displayed are your cert of registration and the poster for parents poster - the inspector will want to see your insurance certificate and first aid but you do not have to display them.
If you look at the welfare requirement on page 40 the 4th bullet point says 'providers must display their cert of registration and show it to parents on request' page 31 states that childminders must hold a current first aid certificate but does not say this must be displayed

Cx

Pauline
29-11-2011, 02:55 PM
No you don't have to - only employers liability is you employ someone

Cx

Yes that is my understanding too. :thumbsup:

Linda Mc
29-11-2011, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=miffy;1017466]I think the inspector was wrong - you only need to display insurance if you employ someone.

Miffy xx[/QUOTE

Not too sure if it depends who you're insured with? I'm a member of the NCMA & covered by their recommended insurance company Royal & Sun Alliance.

It say's on my Insurance Certificate & NCMA paperwork that I must display my Insurance Certificate prominently within my setting, which I do.

It also says if I employ someone as my assistant I must in addition purchase & display a ELI certificate, don't know much about that as I work alone.

Must admit it would be so much easier to follow the rules if you know what they are! :panic:

Love the children, hate the paperwork & rules :angry:

Pauline
29-11-2011, 02:57 PM

Didn't have my insurance displayed when she visited us in Sept, only in a folder. just goes to show how they differ. :(

snufflepuff
29-11-2011, 02:58 PM
I have my reg certificate and the ofsted parents poster. My inspector looked at them and didn't mention that I needed anything else.

My DO did mention something else but I can't remember what it was....safeguarding policy maybe? Or complaints? I don't know, whatever it is I haven't put it up, lol!

Pauline
29-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Not too sure if it depends who you're insured with?

Good point worth checking the small print

rickysmiths
29-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I have just checked all the paperwork with the NCMA Public Liability Insurance and nowhere does it say you have to display this Certificate it is your own choice to do so.

Ofsted do not require it to be displayed either. It is my choice to have a copy on my board. I also have a copy in my parent info folder. The original is in my Risk Assessment Folder along with House and Car insurance Details. Ofsted was more than happy when they inspected me in Sept.

However if you have Employees Insurance with NCMA this is what it says:

If you employ someone eg an assistant, volunteer, student etc, you must by law, arrange Employer's liability cover and display an Employer's liability Certificate in a prominent place.

NCMA offer the two seperately but MM don't allow you to opt out of the Employers bit because it is automatically included with their Public Liability Insurance. Probably why their insurance is more expensive.

mrs robbie williams
29-11-2011, 04:03 PM
my assessor came round yesterday for my cypw course and took my first aid certificate :eek: she needed it to show i had covered all the aspects in the unit, i wont be seeing her until after xmas now although she did say she'd get it back to me.

rickysmiths
29-11-2011, 04:36 PM
my assessor came round yesterday for my cypw course and took my first aid certificate :eek: she needed it to show i had covered all the aspects in the unit, i wont be seeing her until after xmas now although she did say she'd get it back to me.

Thats naughty there is no reason at all why she should take it. All she has to do is record that she has seen that you have a valid cert. I would ring her and ask her to return it immediately and if she won't then go over her head. What a cheek.

I have had to show all sorts to my CYPW Assessor but she has always taken copies of any documents she needs to be in my file, never the originals! She asked for copies of my RA s last time, dh went white I have 52 pages of them :laughing:

Linda Mc
29-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I have just checked all the paperwork with the NCMA Public Liability Insurance and nowhere does it say you have to display this Certificate it is your own choice to do so.

Ofsted do not require it to be displayed either. It is my choice to have a copy on my board. I also have a copy in my parent info folder. The original is in my Risk Assessment Folder along with House and Car insurance Details. Ofsted was more than happy when they inspected me in Sept.

However if you have Employees Insurance with NCMA this is what it says:

If you employ someone eg an assistant, volunteer, student etc, you must by law, arrange Employer's liability cover and display an Employer's liability Certificate in a prominent place.

NCMA offer the two seperately but MM don't allow you to opt out of the Employers bit because it is automatically included with their Public Liability Insurance. Probably why their insurance is more expensive.

I only became a NCMA member in September this year & this is when my Public Liability Insurance started.

I have in front of me a letter from the NCMA, which included my membership card, my NCMA Certificate & my Public Liability Certificate.

The letter welcomes me to the association and also states 'Your PLI certificates should be displayed prominently within your setting' After that it mentions the ELI certificate that need's to be displayed if you employ an assistant or work with a student.

Whether this is an NCMA thing or Royal Sun Alliance thing or an OFSTED thing I have no idea! :panic:

But I have it in front of me from the NCMA & so the blooming thing is on my wall just to be on the safe side :laughing:

miffy
29-11-2011, 05:43 PM

Employers liability is included with your NCMA insurance BUT you have to contact NCMA to activate that part of the insurance then you will get a certificate - there is a £5 admin fee for this.

http://www.*************/about_ncma/benefits_of_membership/insurance/employers_liability_insurance.aspxhttp://www.*************/about_ncma/benefits_of_membership/insurance/employers_liability_insurance.aspx

Miffy xx

catswhiskers
29-11-2011, 09:05 PM
I've only ever had my reg cert displayed and parents poster, nothing else.

Everything else is in a folder and I show parents when they first visit.

This was fine with my inspector in September.

I suppose if you have the wall space or a 'notice board' then it's up to you.