PDA

View Full Version : NEF and being accredited

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Morning,

A couple of months ago a parent who i work with asked me if I would consider becoming accredited. I had another parent last year ask me but I said No.

Now a year on, I am ready to enquire about it so phoned the EY team. They took my details and said someone MAY be able to come round but not sure. There was a meeting in the city but its a 50min drive so I couldnt make it as hubbie was away with the car and really didnt want to go all that way after a 10hr working day anyway, I wouldnt have got back until 10pm.

After 2 months Im still waiting. All I want to know at the moment is what is means for me, but its such a slow process
Mum needs to get it all in place by Easter but at this rate it wont be ready. :rolleyes:

How long does it take from your experience?

Toothfairy
29-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I had to wait 19 months to get to the top of the list of CM's in my area wanting to become accredited.

I've started the paperwork now but have missed the boat for my Mindee who is 3 in Jan 2012. Parents have already booked her into nursery 2 days a week and cut me down to 3 day a week as of January. :(

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 12:19 PM
oh...fantastic..lol. I might not bother if its going to take that long :blush:

nothings ever quick is it....same as the NHS :rolleyes: dd is waiting for an appointment for her teeth...:rolleyes: she'll probably be a teenager when it comes through

I hate waiting...I like things to be done asap:laughing:

Toothfairy
29-11-2011, 03:14 PM
It may not be as long a wait for you.
My town is bursting with accredited CM's and for over a year they would only accredit CM's in the surrounding villages.

Have a word with your DO, she should be able to let you know how your area do things :thumbsup:

rosebud
29-11-2011, 03:54 PM
It does vary between areas so don't give up yet. Try to get some more info locally.

sarahjane
29-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I think it probably depends on your area, I spoke to someone and they came out within a couple of weeks. I'm having to join the local Network first and then become accredited so hopefully will be done by next Easter or just before.
Maybe another phone call to chase it up?

LeeMarie
29-11-2011, 07:51 PM
It took me 12+ months to get to the top of my waiting list. I started the paperwork in September and (fingers crossed) everything will be finished on Thursday ready for January.

My DO been really good trying to get me through everything for a January start as I have two 3 yr olds who aren't using all their free 15 hours now, another one eligible from January and 4th eligible from Easter.

Boris
29-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I was done, from start to finish in 8 weeks. It was relatively painless to be honest! Hope its straightforward for you. I can't believe the process varies so much.