PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible??

tash 1
29-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi been registered from October but not yet had many inquiries.I have been advertising on every free site for childminding ,posting leaflets word of mouth.I also have 10 years NNEB experiance and various qualifications should I be doing anything else? Another problem both my boys go to primary school 5mins down the road in car,or 25mins walk which hubby does school run and pick up most days on way to work.I am wanting to offer service for school next door to our home as I do not drive but have only had one enqury from a mum at my boys school asking for school pick up Jan/Feb.So was wondering if Hubby is aloud to transport child home with our kids in his car by himself or do i have to be with him to collect.If anyone in simmilar boat would love some advice.
Thanks Tash x:panic:

LittleVoice
29-11-2011, 10:27 AM
I believe he could, (please inform me if i am wrong) however he will need to have his paediatric first aid certificate, have public liabitily insurance, be registered as your assistant with ofsted and you will need to have written permission from the children's parents confirming it is ok for him to be left alone with the children and it is ok for himto transprt them in the car with him. Obviously he will have already had his crb check when you registered.
Also your car insurance will have to be changes for business use too.

rickysmiths
29-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Yes he would have to be registered as your assistant and have First Aid to be alone with mindees. This can take upward of 3 months to process so you would not be able to do it as early as Jan.

tash 1
29-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Yes he would have to be registered as your assistant and have First Aid to be alone with mindees. This can take upward of 3 months to process so you would not be able to do it as early as Jan.
what if I pick up child, and my own children and my husband drives us all home, and I have a letter from parent about tranporting in other peoples cars would that be allowed,as my husband has his own job he will not be registered as my assistant.:(

Chatterbox Childcare
29-11-2011, 01:18 PM
If you are with him you can do it but he needs Class 1 Business use on the car.

If DH had a cRB recently with ofsted then he could be registered really quickly. Get an EY2 off of the Ofsted website and get it in quick and then contact your Early Years for the next date of first aid. Always worth having for when you are sick etc or when you are home with little ones in the future.

Twinkles
29-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Don't forget the first aid does not have to be done with early years. My dh did one with Red cross when he was my assistant. Here in Surrey early years don't give assistants free first aid so he would have had to pay anyway.

Just remember it has to be a 12 hour paediatric course.