PDA

View Full Version : Funny but sad.....

Toothfairy
29-11-2011, 08:44 AM
This morning my DD and my before schooler (both 8yrs) were playing with the little ones and pretending to cook them all food with the play kitchen and play food.

My DD pretended to cook them a cottage pie and they all pretended to eat it up. Then it was the before schoolers turn to cook, to which she just turned to DD and said.............

"I can't be bothered to cook, lets send out for a take away"

Although it made me chuckle it was also a bit sad. Gone are the days when a take away was a rare treat, now it is so common in a childs diet that they are using it in role play.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a good take away (have one at least a couple of times a month) :thumbsup:
I guess its just a sign of the times.

LittleVoice
29-11-2011, 10:56 AM
I agree it is soo sad, I was reading an article a few weeks ago which wrote that young children recognise most fast food outlets before they can identify animals, shapes or colours.

I watched a programme on tv about a month ago about britains biggest babies and it was sad that some parents thought giving children take aways showed the children that they loved them.

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 11:13 AM
We have a take away perhaps once or twice a month. Fast food places are not a treat as the food is awful. When we are out we usually get a sausage roll or go to a resturant/pizza hut other than that we are not out that long and prefer to eat at home away... We are quite traditional, we have a sunday breakfast and proper sunday roast every week, with the odd exception