PDA

View Full Version : Where do your keys go?

Jelly Baby
29-11-2011, 08:22 AM
We are now in a rented house and the landlords i dont think are keen on too much stuff on the walls. neither are we though so struggled to know where to hang my keys. I bought this a few weeks ago and love it..the kids unfortunately do too though and fight over it but sure the novelty will wear off! Handy way to hang the keys away and we have just stuck it on the back of the front door.

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/key-hooks-sparrow-keyring.html

rickysmiths
29-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Very sweet but my key ring wouldn't fit on there the number of keys I have on it lol!

My key ring is in a basket by the front door and the backdoor keyring which has my car key on as well sits in the top lock of the back door out of the children's reach.

LittleVoice
29-11-2011, 10:42 AM
My keys are hung up next to the front door out of reach of the children. One thing i was told to ensure was that where ever you hang your keys to make sur ethey are out of sight of any windows so that anyone looking in can't see where you keep them.
A childminding friend of mine wasnt aware of this and at her inspection her keys were hung next to the door but if you looked through the kitchen window you could see the keys. She was graded unsatisfactory in safeguarding children.

Louise317
29-11-2011, 01:09 PM
very sweet :)

Mine are on a plastic(removable) hook on the front/back doors out of children's reach - inspector liked it.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-11-2011, 01:15 PM
My house key is always in the front door as instructed by the Fire Department and any excess (car and spare keys) are behind our middle door on a hook

ChocolateChip
29-11-2011, 01:15 PM
If you're not allowed to drill things into the wall what about those suction ones that you can get for the bathroom or tea towels etc?

Jelly Baby
29-11-2011, 01:24 PM
This is on a sticky pad or you could screw it on the wall, it is on the back of the door right in the middle so you cant see it from anywhere!

miffy
29-11-2011, 02:02 PM
My front door key is kept in the front door which is locked.

Miffy xx

Jelly Baby
29-11-2011, 08:19 PM
My front door key is kept in the front door which is locked.

Miffy xx

I didnt think we were allowed to leave the m in the door? my mindees would fiddle way too much!

dette
29-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I found my car and house keys today in a big box of balls...wouldn't recomend this as a good place to keep them.!!!

appleblossom
29-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I didnt think we were allowed to leave the m in the door? my mindees would fiddle way too much!

I was told at my last inspection that I must not leave the key in the locked door as a child might unlock it. i mentioned that the Fire Service recommended it be in the door, and that no children are allowed in the hallway alone. But Mrs o said I would be failing to safeguard the children if I continued to leave the key in the lock. I now keep it on a self adhesive plastic hook on the wall high up right next to the door. I leave it in the back of the door when mindees are not here though.

zippy
29-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I do not lock my doors, and it has never been an issue, my back gate is locked and my front gate has a set of reins clicked around them so people can come in but kiddies can't get out. I would not lock my doors due to fire issues, what if something happened to me and the kids couldn't get out.