PDA

View Full Version : How many hours a week do you work?

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Just wondering how many hours a week you work and how manyhours is actually minding?

I find myself working 65+ hours a week and 57 hours of that is actually minding and I find myself working until 10/11pm and cant switch off. Even on the weekend when i dont do any work, but I find myself thinking of things I can do, have to do and jot them done.

mama2three
29-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Similar to you , approx 55 minding hours , 65 if you add in setting up , clearing down ,minimal paperwork..

Then every so often an extra 10 or so as I spend the weekend blitzing the paperwork in a mad effort to catch up!

christine e
29-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Similar to you , approx 55 minding hours , 65 if you add in setting up , clearing down ,minimal paperwork..

Then every so often an extra 10 or so as I spend the weekend blitzing the paperwork in a mad effort to catch up!

Same here

Cx

Jelly Baby
29-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Never really sat and thought about this but have just worked it out as 45 a week..not bad for what i earn tbh and get a couple of hours off throughout most days as the kids sleep!..add on the cleaning, paperwork etc its not quite as little i guess!

AgentTink
29-11-2011, 10:40 AM
I childmind for approx 44 hours a week and make sure that i do all paperwork, cleaning and preping within this time.

In regards to preping as i have a playroom all of my resources are accesible for kids every day so i dont have to get things out each morning.

As my kids all sleep for 2 hours in the afternoon or have finished for the day by 1, then I do all my paperwork then.

I also do paperwork while i am sitting on the floor playing with them. For example i write the planned observation at the time that i am observing it.

On Friday i only have one child so while he sleeps in the afternoon I tidy up the playroom and wash the toys and get anything that needs to be washed. I them clean the rest of the home except for hoovering. When he wakes we then spend the next 2 and a bit hours out of the house in either a soft play or park until it his collection time.

LittleVoice
29-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Wow thats a lot of hours you all work. When i start minding after my maternity finishes I only want to do 2/3 days a week so a max of 30 hours. However I am also studying full time so I need time for that which will if taking that into account i will be working probably 45/50 hours a week.

Toothfairy
29-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I mind 50hrs per week, then I must do about another 10hrs a week on Clearing up, sorting resources, paperwork, planning, arranging crafts & activities for the following week, shopping for CM related activities etc. Then there are also the CM courses I go on and local Childminding Group commitee meetings etc.

ajs
29-11-2011, 12:06 PM
4.5 hrs a week at the moment, must try and find more little ones soon lol

rickysmiths
29-11-2011, 12:18 PM
About 52-55 hours a week plus cleaning and paperwork.

kellib
29-11-2011, 12:21 PM
About 34 hours minding, we don't have as much paperwork up here (Scotland) so don't spend a lot of time doing that.

Louise317
29-11-2011, 12:33 PM
I mind for 50hrs per week. I try to do paperwork & cleaning when they sleep (I normally get 1 1/2hrs and try to squeeze in my lunch at that time too) but sometimes do extra after my own kids have gone to bed at night or Saturday morning. I work one Saturday a month too. x

Chatterbox Childcare
29-11-2011, 01:24 PM
6.30am-6pm so 55 working, plus cleaning up and paperwork.

Once you are on top of the paperwork try and do some during the day and then the weekends and evenings are yours free (this is easier said than done) apart from at tax time when you have to put a bit more time in :thumbsup:

Penny1959
29-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I would rather not think about it!

But as you have asked

Minimum 5 X 12 hours so 60 hrs plus paperwork etc
Maximum 3 x 12 hrs plus 4 x 15 hrs so 96 hrs plus paperwork

Gosh now I wish I had not thought about it!

And not added the time spent as a volunteer for NCMA and local group - so most likely at least 90 hours EVERY week:eek:

Penny :)