PDA

View Full Version : Gloves and Menu's

fluff1975
28-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone :)

First inspection (overdue) having phoned O today (again) to remind them, I'm now in panic mode!

Having read various bits and bobs on here I'm unsure on two points. Yes, only two - at the moment!

1.Am I required to wear gloves to change nappies (please tell me no or I'm off to work in Tesco)

2.Is it a requirement to have a weekly menu? I can't keep to the meals I plan for the family! The children I look after always have at least one hot meal a day, often two and I note the meals in their daily diaries. Is that enough? The parents have never asked to see a menu, or even mentioned one for that matter.

Thats all for now. There will be more!

x

mama2three
29-11-2011, 08:27 AM
I dont wear gloves , unless its something very very yucky ( d&v for example) , nor do I have a weekly menu.
I do have a sample menu in my portfolio with the kinds of meals I offer , but am nowhere near organised enough to do a weekly plan never mind stick to it!
My inspector was perfectly happy - not to say they all would though!

rickysmiths
29-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I have a sample menu in my Parents Information Folder, If I think about it I may put a menu on the board but not often!! Ofsted were here over lunchtime when they inspected in Sept and for my previous inspection so Mrs O saw what the children had for lunch and for a snack.

Yes I do wear gloves for nappy changing. I buy their own brand Nitrile Exam Gloves in boxes of 100 x two in costco. Just over a fiver for 200 gloves:thumbsup:

AgentTink
29-11-2011, 10:31 AM
My inspector just wanted to see that i had a sample menu along with a sample of the activities that kids would get up to with me. She liked that these were in the parent folder and that parents were given a copy along with their policies and procedures.

I believe gloves are your own choice, however after saying i wouldnt use them before chidlminding, i now couldnt live without them!! I do about 7 dirty nappys a day and like the idea that I am not touching anything.:(

EmmaReed84
29-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I dont wear gloves I throw the nappy in the outdoor bin then wash my hands in the downstairs loo, then spray the door handle with dettol spray... I have a slight phobia of germs lol. I love my dettol spray and wipes lol

Oh and I have a menu listing the kinds of food I provide, but a weekly menu as such although I do sort of plan my weeks meals around activities, outings and fussy mindee.. Ex casseroles and hotpot on days I am out (slow cooker) and cottage pie/curry/chicken on days I have fussy mindee

JCrakers
29-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I have a sample menu. Ive tried sticking to a menu but just cant manage it so just have a 4week menu set out showing the meals on offer.

I dont wear gloves ane Ive been changing nappies since I was 10yrs old and have never worn them. (had a baby brother when I was 10...thats why I went into childcare :D ) Refuse to wear them as I dont think they are needed.....bit too clinical :blush:
I dont get anything on my hands and don't touch the child with my hands, and I always wash my hands after...obviously :D