PDA

View Full Version : how to make it special?

mushpea
28-11-2011, 08:17 PM
a minded child has her 6th birthday tomoro,, she is gonna still be coming to me after school till 6pm,, I had organized for another minder and her mindees to come and play and do party games but unfortunatly she is now unable to come,
the child is my only mindee for that day, I was thinking of going to mcdonalds instead but mum is treating her to this for tea and she went to a soft play at the weekend so what can I do with her instead to make it a bit special for her , so far I have some choccy cake for snack and though she could choose a dvd (we dont watch much tv normaly so a treat) or she could choose to play the wii or bake or somthing but it dosent feel particuarly special,, although her mum obviously dosent think its special enough to have the afternoon off but then again they did have a party for her the weekend
anyway what can i do to make it a bit special for her?

miffy
28-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I think I'd just ask her what she wants to do and go along with that if you can.

If watching TV is a treat why not have a cinema afternoon - choose a favourite dvd to watch, shut the curtains, turn the lights down, get some pop and choccies and watch together.

Miffy xx

kellib
28-11-2011, 08:22 PM
I'd just ask her what she wanted to do, whatever it is will be special to her :)

Have fun! :)

The Juggler
28-11-2011, 09:18 PM
what about the cinema? or movie and popcorn at yours (which is cheaper :p )

Helen79
28-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Maybe bowling or ice skating instead of soft play.