PDA

View Full Version : photos of mindees

cuddlybunny38
17-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Do any of you have children that you are not allowed to take photos of how easy does this make your observations, I have one strting on wed so I will just do write ups instead and pictures of things that they make instead will this satisfy ofsted as i cant take photos of little one doing things. Sharon

katickles
17-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I dont but would say that yeah that would be fine for ofsted - just make parents write on the permission form that they do not give their concent :)

crazybones
17-05-2008, 05:33 PM
You can still take photos of their work or the toys they are playing with, book they are reading etc and link it to your obs that way without actually featuring the child in the picture.

cuddlybunny38
17-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Thats how I though I would do it to show the things that she is doing, without her in the photo, went to farm last Mon and had to delete a Few pictures when I checked them as she had wander in as I pressed the button. Will be hard when in groups as I will have to say to others to let me move her fisrt so she isnt in them but then I am following mums voice and it is her choice just a shame

crazybones
17-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Ok not being the cleverest on the computer but - I think you can crop photos and cut her out if she is on the end (ahhhh thats mean :o ) then download to disc if you take them to be printed or print them off your pc if you know what I mean.

sarah707
17-05-2008, 06:40 PM
You can get photos of her holding her work, showing just her hands on them... or of her work on the table laid out, so you show you are valuing what she has done.

Pity the parents aren't allowing it though... children get a great sense of belonging by seeing their faces displayed on the walls :(

cuddlybunny38
17-05-2008, 08:04 PM
I know the ones that she got in by accident from the farm I cropped on my camera to still show other people but then delited the original one, mum is giving me a photo of her though as I ask for all new starters for my missing child forms so in the event of an emergency I have her image.