PDA

View Full Version : Sent Ofsted forms off!! AAAHH!

lucyD
28-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Hi just sent off forms & wondered how long it normally takes for them to then come & do pre-reg visit? (i am aware xmas will hold things up!):(

I have 2 more evenings of course plus the safeguarding & hoping to get on a food hygiene course in March. Trying to get organised but there is a lot to do paperwork wise. Policies & risk ass are done so getting there. Any advice or tips are most welcome! Great site.So handy:clapping:

Toothfairy
28-11-2011, 06:16 PM
It took me 9 months from start to finish to be come a registered CM.
On saying that, some CM's have registered quicker and for some, it has taken longer.
CRB checks seem to take a while, Pead first aid courses can be difficult to get booked onto and the ICP course can often get cancelled at short notice.
It really all depends where you live and who your council are.

Good luck on your journey :thumbsup:

child_friendly
28-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I did my first aid in October, just done my food hygiene today online and passed, got 3 more evenings of cypop5 course then send off portfolio. I sent my forms off on sat just gone, am in the process of doing policies/procedures/risk assessments and anything else that seems to need doing. So seems a long time in just doing that lot.

sharonmanc
28-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I am sending my forms off by the end of this week, hopign i dont get a visit till mid Jan at earliest. finishing my cypop5 in 2 weeks, have my first aid, safeguarding, hygiene cert. have my policies and procedures done, working on my risk assessements, and then need my other paperwork - not sure if i need contracts ect for pre reg visit.

Anyway good luck, will have to check back in to see how things are progressing for you :)

JennaG
29-11-2011, 11:29 AM
6 weeks from sending off my forms to get my visit x

claire250182
29-11-2011, 08:41 PM
It has taken me about 8 weeks, from sending my forms off to getting registered xx

lucyD
10-01-2012, 06:14 PM
WELL, Sent forms off first week in Dec & Ofsted rang yest & they are coming tom!! YIKES!! CRB's came back VERY quick!! THINK I am ready but just need to read through EYFS again tonight, hoover round tom morn & hope everything is ok!! How are other people getting on?

sharonmanc
10-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Wow lucy, 1 days notice, i got a call last night and they are coming on the 27th, i so need this time to get prepared, Good luck :thumbsup: