PDA

View Full Version : Impetigo

Helen Dempster
28-11-2011, 09:29 AM
have any of you had any dealings with this? It's not one of my own/mindees - I'm asking on behalf of another parent I know. It's very contagious isn't it? She said her son has had it for 2 weeks and she's tried 2 different creams but nothing works (I don't know what she's used). Do any of you have a tried and tested treatment for it?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Bear23
28-11-2011, 09:33 AM
My daughter suffers real bad from this, i have to close when she has it :( , last year she was off school for three weeks as it got that bad she couldn't eat.

We have a antibiotic cream called fucidin, which she puts on when it looks like its starting.

catminder
28-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Has your friend taken her lo to the doctor's?
He may prescribe an oral antibiotic as well as cream in severe cases - my dd needed this and it cleared it up.

Twinkle-Toes
28-11-2011, 02:52 PM
My daughter has unfortunately had this about 3 times since starting school in Sept!!

The cream is good (Fucidin) but the infection has really taken hold, and believe me it spreads super quick!!, you really need oral anti-biotics.

My daughter had 2 courses back to back and it still didnt clear it! Awful looking stuff too :(

Def tell your friend to take a trip to the docs :thumbsup:

JulieA
28-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I agree, a trip to the doctor would be a good idea. My daughter had this due to excessive dribbling and was given oral antibiotics and a cream to apply. It is very contagious and most settings would exclude.

rickysmiths
28-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I agree, a trip to the doctor would be a good idea. My daughter had this due to excessive dribbling and was given oral antibiotics and a cream to apply. It is very contagious and most settings would exclude.

Impetigo is not in itself caused just by excessive dribbling there has to be an infection to cause the Impetigo.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Impetigo/Pages/Causes.aspx

Jodie1989
28-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Antibiotic cream is normally the answer then to wait. Very contagious.