PDA

View Full Version : Sick child, but mum wants me to have him

Ripeberry
28-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Just had a text at 7am to say that one mindee (3yrs old) has a nasty croupy cough and just wants to lie around watching TV, started yesterday. But his younger brother is OK and I have another child 23 month old as well.
On a Monday we got to a group that they enjoy and if the ill child comes it means we will all be stuck at home.
Was I unreasonable in saying that I would have the well child only?

Also, I've got a killer crick in the neck (2days now) and can hardly move myself, what a great start to the week :(

singlewiththree
28-11-2011, 07:40 AM
If they can't join in normal activities I say no. If I only had their children I may say yes and we just have a quiet day but if it affects other children then a big NO

Hope your feeling better soon

sarah707
28-11-2011, 07:55 AM
You were right. I say the same.

I had a cricked neck a while ago and it's horrible. I hope it eases soon for you xx

miffy
28-11-2011, 07:56 AM
If they can't join in normal activities I say no.

I say the same so I think you were right to say no.

Hope your neck is better soon

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
28-11-2011, 08:04 AM
The mums is OK with me just having the youngest. MY neck is killing! Even hurts when I swallow, so it was hard to even have breakfast or even a cup of tea!
At least I can move my head from side to side but up and down is very difficult.
Even found myself checking the symptoms of Meningitus (sp?) yesterday.

Given in and taken a couple of Ibupofren, hope they kick in soon :(

Pipsqueak
28-11-2011, 08:24 AM
u done the right thing with the child

as to the crick......

heat and ice....

hot water bottle for a few minutes then an ice pack for a few minutes and then hot water bottle.... and so on....

Ripeberry
28-11-2011, 08:58 AM
u done the right thing with the child

as to the crick......

heat and ice....

hot water bottle for a few minutes then an ice pack for a few minutes and then hot water bottle.... and so on....

Thanks, I'll try that, been using a wheat bag so far (heated up in microwave) :thumbsup:

The Juggler
28-11-2011, 01:26 PM
hope your neck is better soon if not get something stronger from the GP hon and book yourself in with a physio - not worth suffering :panic:

Maza
28-11-2011, 01:44 PM
If your pills don't go then go to your GP. When I did this about a year ago (also hurt when swallowing) she gave me some strong prescription painkillers and they worked almost straight away.

You did the right thing with the child. Hope you both get better soon. x

Ripeberry
28-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I'll see the GP tomorrow if it does not get any better.
I'm on my second dose of Ibuprofen and it still hurts to swallow. Could not sit with the mindees at lunchtime as I kept flinching and they were watching me with a puzzled look.

Not taking any more tabs until this evening when I need them to get to sleep!
Hope it goes away quickly. Could not find any comfortable position last night and had to get up at 5am.
Tired now, but got the sibling until 5.30pm tonight, at least the other mindee goes home at 3pm.