PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with first graded inspection

Amyathome
27-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've got my first inspection on the 6th December and to say I'm panicking is an understatement.
I've been through all my policies and procedures and organised them under the 5 ECM themes. I've got my risk assessment file up to date and got all my children's files up to date.
I've done fire drills for all my children and recorded them. If I get the chance I plan to do an access audit of my house.
I've started my SEF and plan to devote next week to that.

The child I have on inspection day is lovely but does suffer from a severe mummy fixation so on a bad day asks after her constantly makes himself sick and cries and cries and nothing will calm him. However, on a good day he is lovely and plays quite independently still talks about mummy but doesn't get upset about it. He is just 2. I also have my own 17 month old, 31/2 year old. I normally take them to a music class but can't do that so am trying to think of a good activity to do without being too challenging. Mindee really loves transport and in particular rubbish trucks. I was wondering if you thought I was being too ambitious to make a model and paint it.

Have I forgotten anything? Your thoughts will be very much appreciated.

Amy

christine e
27-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Sounds like you are really well organised - sounds like a lovely activity and just the thing to distract mindee from the mummy fixation

Good luck

Cx

blue bear
27-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Have you tried giving him a photo of mummy to carry around, I had a little girl that needed to carry her mummy photo around constantly at 2 in order to be able to relax and play.

I always have a variety of activities on offer so if something is not going well we can move onto sonething else. Most of all try to keep the day normal and relaxed. Oh and good luck

Amyathome
27-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks for your replies. I try not to talk about mummy too much as he just gets really upset. I find distraction the best technique and am hoping he will grow out of it.

Amy