PDA

View Full Version : Anyone video the children?

singlewiththree
27-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I have a child at the moment who puts on a sad face when dropped off and picked up and its all for mums benefit so I decided to video the children playing. I set up the camera and switched it on and then went to put the baby to sleep in the front room, then again one meal time I left it on. I've just put them on the computer and they are soooo funny :laughing: They are chattering away two 3yr old girls and some of the language they use is incredible I can tick off loads of obs. Not sure how to record it for ofsted though, just prob put obs video. They are discussing letters, quantities, sizes, colours its fantastic :clapping:

samb
27-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Wow that sounds great - fantastic idea. Yes to put it in learning journey I would mark as "Video footage - date". Could you email the video to parents?

stardust
27-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Wow that sounds great - fantastic idea. Yes to put it in learning journey I would mark as "Video footage - date". Could you email the video to parents?

you need to be careful unless all the children in the video are from the same family then without permission from all parents you would be breaking confidentiality.

Having permission for photo's doesn't cover you for videos and some parents are okay with videos but not okay with video's.

You could always send a letter home saying something along the line's of,

Dear:
As it it hard to capture the true meanings and outcomes of children's learning through photographs as they only capture a tiny fragment of what is happening.
Therefore I would like to start using video footage of the children's day.
I would also like to share the footage with the parents of the children involved, in order to do this I need your consent as there maybe more than one child present in the video and I would like to show both parents and would like your permission to do this.

Please fill in the following and return asap

I ______________________________________ give/ do not give ____________________________ permission to video my child throughout the day.
I am aware that at times other children may be present in the video.
I therefore give/ do not give permission for the videos containing my child and other children to be shared with the other child(ren)'s parents.

Signed:
Dated:

christine e
27-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I have done a video on a few occasions (have written permission) once for a little boy who cried a lot when separating from mum so that i could show her how happy he was during the day and another time was on a child's first day at school so that he could tell his mum and dad his first day news

Cx

The Juggler
27-11-2011, 10:02 PM
I have used it when my mindees are dancing. you just can't capture that in a written obs - especially them doing their "ballet" - soo lovely. I don't send it home, I share it with parents when they collect.

sharonmanc
28-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Sounds fantastic

Toothfairy
28-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Twice.
I have a mindee who eats fruit and veg for me but not a home. I think Mum thought I was fibbing, so I took film of him eating them and showed Mum.
She now believes me :D

zippy
28-11-2011, 02:46 PM
i video all the time, helps loads when doing obs, you pick up loads you miss the first time round lol, i have all parents sign to say i can use a's image in b's learning journey etc

Jodie1989
28-11-2011, 05:21 PM
We had a slight problem that was easily resolved with a permission form. You must be aware some parents wouldn't want their child in a picture let alone filmed. Always cover yourself with aConsent form