PDA

View Full Version : accreditation help with courses please

desiderata
27-11-2011, 10:04 AM
I have been trying to get accredited and in my area they keep changing the paperwork and the baseline which you need to have to become accredited:angry: anyhow yet another lady came out to see me Friday and my NC came with her . they were waiting for me when I got back from nursery pick up and I had to deal with both of them whilst trying to feed lunch to two small ones. but eh ho thats our life isnt it?
but things were going well till it came to training as she said I see you dont do much Creative and learning training ! I replied I do all the courses I can do that are on our training lists and some that I book on get cancelled so thats not my fault! anyhow the assessor replied with " Well when theres not enough take up we cant run a course you will have to do the ones run in the day with the schools and nurserys cos thats what you need.
I said I cant do those can I cos I work 5 days a week , her reply to that was "Well you will have to you will have to have days off and tell the parents why

So we then had an argument as all my parents have childcare because they work and if I have a day off I lose pay. So she wants me to lose a days pay from all my parents and pay for the courses I go on. !!!

I said I am prepared to do more training but not in this situation x so can anyone point me in the direction of any courses for the above either on line or at weekends or evenings please x

Sorry for the rant but I am angry. They get paid for all their hours and their training so why should I lose out x

sarah707
27-11-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't blame you for being angry that is ridiculous :(

We had hoops to jump through for accreditation but they were mostly paperwork not taking days off for courses.

Every local authority puts their own goal posts in place.

I would say ask them if you can find a compromise.

Maybe provide evidence of what you already do... your current good practice in those areas probably far outweighs what they are doing in nurseries anyway.

Then you could buy / read books on the subjects and evaluate how they have helped you to improve your provision.

Things like that xx

desiderata
27-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Thank Sarah x yeah that was another bone of contention cos she said something like " Well if they stay with you till 5 they have to be at the same level as someone who has been to nursery ! my reply to that was "Well the ones I have sent previously have been above and I wasnt accredited then!

In my current situation I need my job and my money and Im not losing any for them !