PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Citroen grande picasso..

Jelly Baby
26-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I currently have a Zafira but spotted a few of these and like them..any opinions?
Thanks

linzi133
26-11-2011, 08:22 PM
I have a Citroen c4 grand Picasso ..... Is that the one you mean?

If so its ok. But it has zero boot space if all the seats are up. I just manage to squash a maclaren twin into it.
If you have 'big' car seats then there is not much room. I use high back booster seats (with harnesses iykwim) as otherwise the kids are constantly kicking the backs of the seats in front.

All in all it is a nice car but if I had the option I prob wouldn't buy it again due to the very limited boot space

HTH

Nature'sKids!
26-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Yes boot space with seats up is hardly existent, but I've had plenty of space for car seats, the middle row can be moved forwards or backwards to make more room and we've had two adults in the back, two kids in seats, one kf them a large rearfacing one,either side, me, pregnant in the middle and two front seats occupied too. We were all comfortable enough and had just enough space for some bags / rucksacks for our day out.
I like it, I think the seats are comfy and space wise it's ok.
Don't know if I'd buy it again, I'd need to try other cars out first to gain a comparison but I'm quite happy with it!

Jelly Baby
26-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks ladies. Yes Linzi the C4 one. My Zafira has very little boot space when all seats are up but i cope fine so not really a prob for me i guess as used to it! I have mine with all seats up all the time and usually 5-6 kids in so put bits behind seats as buggys in the boot. Whats it like in terms of fuel and servicing etc..my zafira (touch wood) has been great and i find it really easy to drive..is the Picasso heavier as looks bigger? May go and look at one tommorow so just wondered if anything to look out for if not thanks for the help nice to hear from people who have them.
Thanks

Zoomie
26-11-2011, 10:23 PM
We have a C4 grand picasso VTR+and my DH used to work for Citroen, as a vehicle technician, so cherry picked the model.

He says the 1600HDI (diesel) engine is the better of the engines.
Spec :VTR+ has electric windows, child locks controlled from driver.
Gearbox: 5 speed manual is much much much better than automatic so don't choose this if you can drive a car manually. If you need an automatic, probably better to go with another make / model.

If you want more info / advise, you are welcome to PM me.

Jelly Baby
28-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks ladies went to look at a couple yesterday and have to say i love them. The one i really liked though was pretty damaged inside right at the back and all the glove box was scratched. My Zafira now has scrathes in the back and it bugged me when buying it so dont want to get a newer car that looks worse!

Thanks Zoomie i have decided to wait prob another year and save up a lump towards it as there is nothing wrong with my car and go from there. I would always go for a manuel car too btw!
Thanks

nikki thomson
28-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks ladies went to look at a couple yesterday and have to say i love them. The one i really liked though was pretty damaged inside right at the back and all the glove box was scratched. My Zafira now has scrathes in the back and it bugged me when buying it so dont want to get a newer car that looks worse!

Thanks Zoomie i have decided to wait prob another year and save up a lump towards it as there is nothing wrong with my car and go from there. I would always go for a manuel car too btw!
Thanks

We have a grand Picasso and we lease it, I didn't want to buy one as they loose so much value, we leased our first one for two years and this one for three, you just pay your monthly bill and give it back at the end of the term. X

Zoomie
28-11-2011, 10:18 AM
We did look at this, but thought that at least the end of the plan, we would have to give the car back and have nothing to show for it.

At least with a loan, the car is ours at the end of the day.

Just curious about your lease, how much are you payments per month ?

nikki thomson
28-11-2011, 10:21 PM
We did look at this, but thought that at least the end of the plan, we would have to give the car back and have nothing to show for it.

At least with a loan, the car is ours at the end of the day.

Just curious about your lease, how much are you payments per month ?

Leasing isn't for everyone if you want to keep a car for many years then I think a loan is better, because as you say it's yours at the end of the term, I'm afraid I like a brand new car every two/three years and this way works better for us it's £300 a month for a brand new grand Picasso vtr+.
You can do it on a business account so you wouldn't pay vat, if you take of 20% it makes it £240 a month and we also have a maintance package as well which covers everything including new tyres. X

linzi133
29-11-2011, 07:15 AM
We have the desiel and I think we get good mileage..... But I couldn't tell you what it is. I know my other half is obsessed with mileage and keeps commenting on how good it is.
Servicing is prob a little more than average.... Again my memory fails me!
We have been having issues with the electrics lately. One day the hand break stopped working. The next day it was fine but the windows wouldn't work! It's only 3 yrs old.

As for the leg room..... I guess oh and I have long legs so have the front seats pushed back which then has a knock on effect to the rear seats.

Jelly Baby
29-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Thanks ladies. My OH has mentioned leasing but i'm the same in that id'e like to have my own car as such, although you can buy them at the end can't you? I will look into these more and start saving! I do lots of smaller journeys so is the diesel better for this?
Thanks

guest3
29-11-2011, 09:38 AM
I have the Citroen Grand Piccasso and love it. I too mainly do short local journeys and was advised not to get the diesel for mainly short journeys! :)

Jelly Baby
29-11-2011, 01:30 PM
interesting Wendy i thought diesels were better for shorter trips? Did they say why?

Zoomie
29-11-2011, 02:29 PM
not sure of the dynamics of the whole thing, but diesels are more economical, but only in the long run. it is not about short or long trips, but diesels cost more initially, the fuel cost is mostly the same (within a few pence) but diesel serving costs work out less, eventually over a long period of time (something like 2.5/3 years).

I do know that I travelled from Bedford, where I live to Scotland, and half way back on a tank (which cost me abt £60).

However, on short trips I don't use anywhere near as much as that.

Incidentally we traded our previous Citroen in, and put in some extra cash and then took out a loan for £200 a month over three years. Got about 9 more payments left whooop whoooop.

craftygirl
29-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Leasing isn't for everyone if you want to keep a car for many years then I think a loan is better, because as you say it's yours at the end of the term, I'm afraid I like a brand new car every two/three years and this way works better for us it's £300 a month for a brand new grand Picasso vtr+.
You can do it on a business account so you wouldn't pay vat, if you take of 20% it makes it £240 a month and we also have a maintance package as well which covers everything including new tyres. X

That is really good to know, I will definitely need a bigger car when I start minding as I have a small car at the moment, I will have a look at what cars I can lease :)