PDA

View Full Version : food safety and hygiene course bargin

tash 1
26-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Registed in October and have been putting off doing Level 2 Safety and hygiene course,so glad I saw the link for online discount through the forum and course is only 15 POUNDS !!!! UNTIL 30TH NOVEMBER it took me 3 hours to read and make notes then only 5 mins to complete 30 questions of multiple choice think u need 70% to pass I only made 1 mistake and that was because so tired but just wanted to complete it all tonight.Another thing ticked off.:laughing:jump for joy:

jenniewren
27-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Where will I find the link to that?

Jenx

tash 1
27-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Where will I find the link to that?

Jenx

you can find more info on: on line training and courses section or paulines announcement at the top of this page with discount code and link.
Tash.x

Pauline
28-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Glad to hear you found it good Tash, here is the link Jen, it will take you straight to the information:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=89684

craftygirl
29-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Well done! Glad you posted this as I have been saying I want to do this course so will have a look now :)

Carolh
29-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I am in the process of getting registered - is the level 2 course something that you need? Not sure?

Pauline
29-11-2011, 03:00 PM
I depends where you live Carol, some EHO say you must do it, some say it is good practice to do it.

Ofsted see it as good practice, if that helps :)

Carolh
29-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Thank you Pauline, I have decided to do it anyway, especially as it reduced at the moment!

Pauline
29-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Thank you Pauline, I have decided to do it anyway, especially as it reduced at the moment!

Good idea, it is a bargain at the moment :thumbsup:

tash 1
29-11-2011, 07:12 PM
we were advised by our LA if cooking/serving hot meals on our premises to take course.
Tash.:)

helengreen13
29-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I signed up to do it today, but only managed to get half way through it before had to do the nursery/school run, will do the rest tomorrow. It has taught me a few things that I did not know before.

H

tash 1
29-11-2011, 07:45 PM
I signed up to do it today, but only managed to get half way through it before had to do the nursery/school run, will do the rest tomorrow. It has taught me a few things that I did not know before.

H

Hi Helen,
good luck in finishing it,my certificate came today.Another thing to put on wall :laughing:

Lems
29-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Sorry can I just ask :o
So the online course is good enough for ofsted?
Is it for a 3 year cert?
Do the EHO still have to visit your kitchen?
I am thinking just to get this ticked off even though I dont provide meals atm, only mindie I have has jar food provided, I do heat ( so I think ofsted will see this as providing?? Am I right or wrong?) even though I dont have to mom says will eat cold:eek:
TIA x

Pauline
30-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Sorry can I just ask :o
So the online course is good enough for ofsted?
Is it for a 3 year cert?
Do the EHO still have to visit your kitchen?
I am thinking just to get this ticked off even though I dont provide meals atm, only mindie I have has jar food provided, I do heat ( so I think ofsted will see this as providing?? Am I right or wrong?) even though I dont have to mom says will eat cold:eek:
TIA x

Yes it is good enough for Ofsted, I've done it twice and they were very happy with it. I know a lot of others who have too. :)

Whether EHO visit you depends where you live, some have had a cursory phone call some have had full blown inspections. In our area they came out but just for a friendly visit and a quick look around the kitchen and discussion on what you serve.

As regards heating food, this is what it says on the Safer Food website for childminders:

"If childminders provide meals, snacks or drinks (apart from mains tap water) for children or babies and/or reheat food provided by a parent/carer, or cut it up, they must now comply with food safety and hygiene regulations. ‘Safer food, better business for childminders’ will help them do this. "

Their website is here and you can also order your Safer Food Pack - http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/regulation/hygleg/hyglegresources/sfbb/sfbbchildminders/

Hope that helps :)

Lems
30-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Yes Pauline thank you :thumbsup:
I've downloaded the pack. :)