PDA

View Full Version : What activities is everyone doing in december?

VeggieSausage
25-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Whats everyone up to in December?...what sort of chirstmas activites/crafts are you all doing.....ideas please.....thanks xxx

EmmaReed84
25-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Warm and Cold game.
Snowmen and father christmas pics
Visit some reindeer (then various reindeer themed things like making antlers, singing rudolph.

I have planned my whole December right to 23rd... Phew lol.

Although I am open to chaging some ideas, if (when) I see better ones lol :laughing:

mrs coops
25-11-2011, 05:51 PM
3d xmas trees, reindear food,xmas nativity mobile to be honest i have planned up till xmas eve to x

breezy
25-11-2011, 06:11 PM
card and cracker making, reindeer food, present for parents making, lots of father Christmas activities as they're all santa mad!!!! planned up to 23rd, but we rarely stick to them!!
Couple of trips out too in the holidays, cant wait!:jump for joy:

singingcactus
25-11-2011, 06:48 PM
We're having a little look at all the winter holidays, and also how different countries celebrate christmas. So will be creating things from germany, israel, poland, mexico etc.

We'll be making our ginger bread boys next week, and we'll make our yule logs on the last week - they're going to be early this year cos I'm closing early but the sentiment is there. We'll also make our yule wreath, yule manger and ornaments.

We'll make crackers, stars, pinatas, and all the usual christmasy things too. Then on the last day we'll PARTY!

loocyloo
25-11-2011, 07:54 PM
i have plans! my theme is 'winter' ...

i have lists of things to do!

but mine are 10mth/19mth/24mth/26mth/and 2 just 3 yr olds, so not much planning as such!

we will make cards, pictures, decorations, food & stuff, but mainly as & when the mood takes us! this weekend i plan to get everything sorted into folders for each activity, they i pretty much have it to hand!

i also make a table of each activity and each childs name, so i can make sure everyone does everything, as all come at different times!

The Juggler
25-11-2011, 09:10 PM
decorated candles with liquid wax pens (handprints on them with babies and self decorated for older ones).

salt dough xmas tree decs

reindeer or robin paper plate masks

gingerbread just before we break up

xmas party at toddlers. :thumbsup:

lulubelle
25-11-2011, 10:54 PM
decorated candles with liquid wax pens (handprints on them with babies and self decorated for older ones).

. :thumbsup:

where do u get them? i like that idea!

ja8estar
26-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I am setting up a christmas corner
small boxes to wrap
stockings to fill
santa hats to wear
christmas tree to decorate with made decorations
(I have done a ra for tree)
There are some great arts and crafts in pound shop at the moment
and we are taking part in the donate a shoe box with in our village

The Juggler
26-11-2011, 02:18 PM
where do u get them? i like that idea!

yellow moon! they are new I think. I've done mugs and glasses and was wondering what to do this year. They were a tenner but I'm hoping they'll last me a few xmases ;)

Nature'sKids!
26-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Were going to discuss and learn about winter solstice and the traditions of it
ST Nicholas on the 6th December
Cards, nature corner, Tree decorations, advent calendar,...

littlegremlins
27-11-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm doing paper chains
Xmas decorations - bauble which children can decorate
xmas card
Biscuits once I have found a xmas tree cookie cutter and whatever else takes my fancy-maybe a snowman