PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present ideas for school age kiddies

Louise85
24-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Hi,

Can anyone suggest some Christmas Presents for my mindee's that are school age - all the ideas I can find are for under 5's...Nearly all my mindee's are over 5 and part time, so I still don't know some of them enough to buy something that they would like...I've also only been going a few months so am on a very VERY tight budget.

Please help- any suggestions appreciated :-)

miffy
24-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Aldi have some great Christmas sticker books from 99p - depends how old the children are or, if you have a Works near you then you could get them all a book.

Sorry that sounds a bit boring, bit short of inspiration tonight!

Miffy xx

mushpea
24-11-2011, 09:36 PM
all of mine , any age, get a book and a selection box, i tend to buy differnt bits for their birthdays.

The Juggler
25-11-2011, 07:16 AM
i've bought loads of diff. stuff. club penguin guides/joke books, football mugs

this year i have a wooden football (sphere puzzle) for the football mad one, and an airfix model for my plan fanatic.

i've bought board games when they were on offer (kerplunk, hangman) this year I'm also getting 2 shaker makers (ben 10) for 2 of them (4 and 6).

Usually try to stay between £5 an £7:thumbsup:

blue bear
25-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Mine have all got a make a badge and key ring set from tesco £2 something each. I have 13 to buy for and they are all part time so I can't afford to spend loads on each one

singingcactus
25-11-2011, 09:28 AM
For 2 of mine who have only been coming mornings for about 6 weeks, I'm just going to get chocolate for.

1 who has been coming for a year now, I was going to get him some hm forces gear BUT after these last few weeks it is more likely to be a termination letter for christmas.

My holiday boy I haven't thought too much about yet, but he's not a sit down and play a board game child, or a make a craft boy so will be a toy of some type. Maybe aeroplane or helicopter toy - some vehicle anyway.

sarah707
25-11-2011, 10:29 AM
all of mine , any age, get a book and a selection box, i tend to buy differnt bits for their birthdays.

I buy the same :D

Bernie
25-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I've bought all mine a Spinning Plate and Diabolo. Really cheap off Amazon.

xxx

Louise85
29-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions ladies - will go shopping this evening :-)

Tracy123
01-12-2011, 07:56 PM
im making mine homemade playdough with glitter. Wrapping up nicely and adding a few cutters and things too. All my mindees love playdough and would play with it for hours. Think it will be a gud present and cheap too :D

BuggsieMoo
01-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Ive made mine all a goody box. Its got a plastic xmas mug, pencils, bubbles, necklace making kit for the girl and plane kits for the boys and some Haribo sweets. The babies I have have got a dolly for the little girl and a stacking cube set thing for the younger boy.

I also have 3 birthdays in December for mindees so the younger boys have got a garage set for micro cars that was on special offer in Tescos and the 9 year old has got a disc shooter toy that his mum said he wanted when I asked that was again on special offer.

I had the girls birthday in November and she got a handbag making kit.

nokidshere
01-12-2011, 08:21 PM
I went into "The Works" on Sunday and bought some fab things! The boys aged 7-9 got a creative kit making moving fliurescent models, the 6 year old girls got giant pipe cleaner craft kits - all were 4.99 each and in lovely big boxes so they look good too :)

The older girls - ages 10-13 got make up and beauty sets from M&S which were around £6 each but they were buy one get one half price so they worked out at £4.50 each :)

I have two 10 year old boys who are poving more difficult so they might get books or game card tokens.

good luck with your shopping