PDA

View Full Version : Keyworker letter?

Wendybird
24-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I think there was a thread about this recently, but I can't find it. I have two new mindees who also go to nursery. I know some of you have standard letters you send - what do you put in them? Does anyone have one they would be willing to share? I have no idea what to write, or even what I want from them?

miffy
24-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Is this the thread you're looking for?

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73425&highlight=working+in+partnership

Miffy xx

JCrakers
24-11-2011, 12:41 PM
This is mine that I dont mind sharing, Its really difficult as I didnt know what to write....Its awkward sometimes as they dont have time to look at my stuff as they have so many children so I always feel a bit cheeky asking them for things.....:blush:

Dear ....................,

My name is ................. and I am an Ofsted Registered childminder.
I am caring for ............... on a Monday and Tuesday.

My aim is to provide the best opportunities for children to enjoy and achieve and as you are aware we both do this by working to EYFS guidelines, by observing and planning to children’s individual needs.
To ensure the child above is reaching their potential through play and the activities I offer I would like to share information with you regarding their development.
This would be by exchanging/swapping Learning Journals and maybe obtaining a plan of themes/activities and newsletters so I can build on these on the days she attends. I am starting to put together a learning journal and would be more than happy to pass this to you every so often through ....... parents.
I understand that you would find it very difficult to fit around me but I have included my yearly plan so you can see the areas covered by myself.

Thank you for your time, it is very much appreciated

Parent signature for permission to share information………………………………… …………Date…………………..

Wendybird
24-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Oh thank you both! That is just what I need. It is hard to pull this stuff out of the air when you are so new. I won't be taking to or picking up from nursery, but it would be useful to know their themes as I can work around that.