PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for pre-reg male

Jamie Fry
23-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Hello,

Just completed my registration training but yet to pluck up the courage to take the next step and get OfSted in etc. I already hold down a day job and need words of encouragement to move forward.

Thanks

Chimps Childminding
24-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Good luck Jamie, there are lots of male childminders on here who I am sure will be able to give you good advice!!! Its a very rewarding job as long as you are firm with parents regarding money etc. Something I have yet to learn after 14 years as a cm :rolleyes: But as long as you remember its a business you are running and start as you mean to go on it should be fine :)

sarah707
24-11-2011, 07:57 AM
What are you waiting for? More male childminders are needed! Get your application in or it will never happen will it? :D

The Juggler
24-11-2011, 10:18 AM
go for it. you don't need to leave your job until you have mindees in place, contracts signed and deposit taken. :thumbsup:

rosebud
24-11-2011, 11:46 AM
As the others have said Go for it! Definitely more male childminders needed and in Early Years settings generally. And as Miffy says you don't have to hand in your notice until you have mindees lined up. Be prepared for some old fashioned stereotypical attitudes about men in childcare but we will only change these by men like you going for it. I would've loved a male childminder for my son when he was younger but there are none where I live. Good luck.