PDA

View Full Version : Are u busy

Lea-mumof2 :)
23-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi ladies :)
Hope ur all well I don't get chance to come on here too often due to working :( was just wondering all u newly registered like me have u had much interest I had a possible mindee for Jan but they went with a cheaper childminder in the end over me !! :( the only enquiries I keep getting are for evening babysitting which Im not entirely sure I want to do ? Xxx

Lea

kellib
23-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I was registered in September and am more of less full now, I have before and after school spaces but not sure I want to fill them lol.

Advertise like mad, that's what I did, on childcare.co.uk, netmums, make sure local schools know you are now registered etc.

It took me a month to get my first mindee.

Good luck :)

23-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Thank u am on childcare.co.uk not on netmums yet tho have put posters up this week theres quite a few minders in my area really starting to Panic now :(

miffy
23-11-2011, 06:20 PM
You can also put your details on the FIS website once your registration is complete.

Good luck filling your vacancies

Miffy xx

rosebud
23-11-2011, 06:21 PM
In my experience children seem to be like buses - you wait for ages, then get loads of enquiries at once, don't panic yet.

Chatterbox Childcare
23-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I thought you were joking to start off with - hang in there it will come

We are all busy in our area with parents ringing for March and April 2012.

have you registered with childcare.co.uk and ************.co.uk as we get a lot of enquiries from there. You have to pay about £80 per year but that is peanuts to getting a full timer and it is tax deductible.

23-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Ahh thank u will go on the childmindingnow one as am already on FIS & childcare.co.uk websites have posters up locally im just thinking maybe its the wrong time of year xx

Zumba-mum
24-11-2011, 06:20 PM
I've been registered over 2months now and still have no kiddies :panic: . I 've had visits but they hae gone with cm who live closer.

VeggieSausage
24-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I have got 2 of my curren tlo's from Netmums - I answered their advert rather than them answering mine - so worth trawling through to see if anyone in your area is looking. good luck :)

kellib
24-11-2011, 07:09 PM
I have got 2 of my curren tlo's from Netmums - I answered their advert rather than them answering mine - so worth trawling through to see if anyone in your area is looking. good luck :)

I agree with that, I've had lots of enquires through netmums, none have paid off yet but a few have came to visit and just decided to go elsewhere.

craftygirl
29-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I am just waiting to complete registration and am starting to worry about if all the work and money will be worth it!! I've done the leaflet drop, netmums, childcare.co.uk and have not got anyone lined up yet. Fingers crossed it all works out! Good Luck with your business :)

Carolh
29-11-2011, 04:58 PM
I am in the process of registering - it takes so long ! Cant wait to get going