PDA

View Full Version : advise needed regarding school runs

TRACEY1969
23-11-2011, 02:31 PM
i do a nursery run on the tues, wed and thurs for the same mindee. he was suppose to start a pre school near me which i could of easily of walked to, but parents decided to send him to a nursery as he is still in nappies at the age of 3 1/2. The problem i have is there is no parking at the nursery and it isn't in walking distance either. I have to park my car in the next street sometimes and i have a 2 year and a 10 month old as well. I need advise to speak to parents regarding this as im not happy with the nursery run.

miffy
23-11-2011, 02:40 PM
I do think parents might have mentioned it to you rather than just assumed it was convenient for you to do this but maybe they just didn't think. But if they have decided to send their child to this nursery then you might have to decide whether you want to do the drop off/pick up or not.

I think you will just have to be honest and explain to them why you don't want to do it and see if they will consider one of the other playgroups.

Miffy xx

Mrs M
23-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Is it because of having to get them in and out of the car each time? What is the reason for you not liking it?

Mollymop
23-11-2011, 04:03 PM
They should have asked you if it was ok with you first and not just asssumed it would be.
Speak to parents and tell them you are not happy with the playschool run. Let us know what they say x

rickysmiths
23-11-2011, 04:57 PM
What a strange choice. Are they not aware that he could have gone to Pre-school in nappies as well?

Why don't parents talk to us before taking these decisions?

All you can do is explain to the parent that you are very sorry but you are giving notice because you can not do this particular Nursery run and what a same they didn't check with you first. State the last day of care and any money owed and call it a day.

At the end of the day it is their choice, so their problem.

sarah707
23-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I used to collect from a nursery a long way away from home with no easy parking...

I went in the evening and knocked on some neighbour's doors and got permission from a couple who both worked during the day to use their drive.

Hth :D

rosebud
23-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I used to collect from a nursery a long way away from home with no easy parking...

I went in the evening and knocked on some neighbour's doors and got permission from a couple who both worked during the day to use their drive.

Hth :D

Sarah you are so resourceful I would never think to do this!

LChurch
23-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Sarah, I wouldn't have thought of doing that either but how clever of you! Or brave of you!

littletreasures
23-11-2011, 09:33 PM
When my mindee started at her school which I had to drive to, I had the same problem.

Luckily, the grandparents of an ex-mindee lived across the road from the school and I went and knocked to see if they would mind me parking on their drive. The have an in/out drive too so I don't block them in at all.

I am so grateful to them because otherwise, the parents are always late bringing the mindees to me and by the time I get to school I would be parked 3/4 mile away which is no fun fast walking the kids in to school.

I do park on the road though if I get there early enough and there is a parking space.

I would do as Sarah did and knock on a few doors. Good luck x

TRACEY1969
24-11-2011, 09:19 AM
What a strange choice. Are they not aware that he could have gone to Pre-school in nappies as well?

Why don't parents talk to us before taking these decisions?

All you can do is explain to the parent that you are very sorry but you are giving notice because you can not do this particular Nursery run and what a same they didn't check with you first. State the last day of care and any money owed and call it a day.

At the end of the day it is their choice, so their problem.

this pre school wouldn't accept him in nappies so mom told me and i think its also because he doesn't talk.

Anyway i have asked parents if i could take the 5 days hols i have left and scatter them about, but parents have just texted me saying they only have 2 days left till July 2012 and i have just found out she had this week off as well. I am now going to tell them to cancel my Feb hols as im not going away and mindee doesn't go to nursery in school hols to free up some time for parents so i can have school time off. If that doesn't work notice it is.

babs
24-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Id take my holidays any way as what do we get 3/ 4 weeks a year parents between them get 8 . Pre school by me won't take if in nappies either. can't you use double buggy for younger ones..

TRACEY1969
24-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Id take my holidays any way as what do we get 3/ 4 weeks a year parents between them get 8 . Pre school by me won't take if in nappies either. can't you use double buggy for younger ones..

double buggies don't fit through the second door of the nursery so i have to take the little ones out. I have asked for mindee to be ready for me on collection but he never is parents have asked this as well. They have sent him there because there friend runs the nursery and she grow up with some of the staff.

babs
24-11-2011, 09:35 AM
School I do my triple won't fit though so I wait in reception and children are collected and brought to me could you ask them to bring child to u.

TRACEY1969
24-11-2011, 09:57 AM
School I do my triple won't fit though so I wait in reception and children are collected and brought to me could you ask them to bring child to u.

mom has just rung me to say the nursery had complained about me being 5 mins late yesterday omg first time since Sept due to parking issues. I told parent both of us need a meeting to soft this out as i think its tickle tackle. I will ask them to bring mindee out to me but if hes never ready for me on collection what can i do. I cant beleive they have complained, im there today as well. I think this nursery needs to take a good luck at themselves ive read there ofsted reports

Goatgirl
24-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi :),
I'd be taking my holidays when I wanted. If you have 5 days left and they only have 2 tough: presumably they knew when they signed up how it would work?!

Sounds as though this family are expecting you to fit in with their plans. I'd just tell them how it will be regarding holidays but to be honest as they're being so inconsiderate, I'd have probably given notice a long time ago....
I'm in this job so that I can control the way I work and choose who I work with :thumbsup:

hope it works out for you :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

ziggy
24-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I would just explain that if nursery staff cant bring child out to you then you can no longer offer care

The Juggler
24-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I would just explain that if nursery staff cant bring child out to you then you can no longer offer care

i agree. when you have the meeting say this is a nursery that you never planned on offering a service too, its too far away and when you were told it was arranged you tried your best to accommodate it but it is not going to be possible any longer unless staff can cooperate and help you out.

samb
25-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Oh no! Can't believe they have complained! I would explain to the parents that you have tried to accomodate their choice of alternative child care but it is not working for you and the other mindees as the nursery are not happy to work with you for the benefit of their lo. Maybe the parents need to speak to nursery and ask for him to be brought to you?