PDA

View Full Version : How do you all switch off from work ???

katie78
23-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey i need to ask how you all manage to switch off from work please ???

Im not finding very easy to seperate work from just being at home and its not helping that i think i have got post natal depression too :-(

I try to make sure all the paperwork is tidy and out of sight when im not working and we dont have a million toys out but we dont have a seperate play room so im in our front room nearly all day, if im not here im in the kitchen cooking and feeding the kids or doing the pots !

If anyone has got any good ideas i would love to hear them please :-)

JCrakers
23-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Its hard and sorry your feeling down :(

I am probably an exception but I like nothing better than getting my PJs on after work and watching TV in bed....:laughing: Im always knackered by 7pm

Ive been downstairs all day and want a change of scenery. My kids are older so dont need my attention as much so I love these dark nights where I can just go upstairs and watch something other than spongebob :D

Hope you are feeling better soon

VeggieSausage
23-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I sympathise, i struggle with this too. Having a routine and being organised is a good way of leaving it behind you in the evening i think. So you are tidy and organised for the next day - nothing more you can do. I know a minder who is sooo organised she has a way of doing everything and she has no stress. Food is prepared for the next day the day before etc etc - during her working day. Find things that make your life easier and remember this is just a job at the end of the say to earn money to live your life!.....if you are suffering post natal depression then this will cloud everything, maybe you could do with a little help? xxxxx

sarah707
23-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I clean up everywhere then spend an hour on fun stuff on the computer... then do my emails and a bit of writing... then watch some TV and read my book.

I have made a 'no work after 8pm' rule because it was getting silly and I wasn't sleeping properly because my brain was still working in bed :rolleyes:

I think you need a routine and a milky drink. If you think it's pnd get to the doctor it won't go away by itself.

hugs xx

rosebud
23-11-2011, 06:44 PM
I've just decorated my bedroom to give myself a lovely "me" space that I can relax in, the plan is to go upstairs in the evening once my own children are sorted so I don't have to think about work.

Trouble
23-11-2011, 06:46 PM
drag the dog out for a walk:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
23-11-2011, 06:48 PM
after feeding time at the zoo its clean up time.....

I get everything put away, hoovered, dishwashered.
sort any paperwork if I am feeling super efficient.

Personally I go to ballet class to unwind twice a week
I walk the dogs and chill out with my kids

and my ultimate luxury and nice bubbly bath with my book
and a helping of Vamp Diaries or True Blood lounged on the sofa with someone doing my feet......

I too have a no work after 8 rule (unless I am still minding of course)....

oh and my fav.... being on here of course... or a bit of taking the michael out of netmums or facebooking and being a PIA.....:laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
23-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I clean up everywhere then spend an hour on fun stuff on the computer... then do my emails and a bit of writing... then watch some TV and read my book.

I have made a 'no work after 8pm' rule because it was getting silly and I wasn't sleeping properly because my brain was still working in bed :rolleyes:

I think you need a routine and a milky drink. If you think it's pnd get to the doctor it won't go away by itself.

hugs xx

I must try this as I seem to be on the computer until 11pm every night over the last 6 months and then as you say either cannot sleep or am so tired I crash. Off to training now at 7pm

babs
23-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Once last one out the door I don't sit until I've cleaned up while I clean family dinner cooking then after fill dish washer shower pjs relax...

amanda1309
23-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I tidy up sort out tea, then it's zumba some nights but always a bath and a book , then some tv and a cup of tea x

Ripeberry
23-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Sometimes on busy days, once everyone has gone home I go upstairs and have a lie down on the bed for half an hour, before the next round of tidying, cooking and getting my own kids ready for bed.
I try not to do any paperwork after 9pm, but then get onto the internet and waste time there :rolleyes:

miffy
24-11-2011, 12:11 PM
I find it hard to switch off too, mostly because there is always something I could be doing.

Fresh air and a long walk works for me, although that isn't as appealing at this time of year.

Miffy xx

acorns
24-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Wine helps.....:D

ziggy
24-11-2011, 04:08 PM
hot bath n big glass red wine, live alone so dont need to worry bout anyone else:blush:

Andrea08
24-11-2011, 04:33 PM
drag the dog out for a walk:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

like this,,, i find it hard to put work to bed and have me time... i try to set a time when i shut the door and put my TV programs on and a hot brew or glass of red on the coffee table,, changing into PJ's helps and i was thinking of turning my work phone off but just incase ...

katie78
28-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks ladies, there are some good ideas there :-)

Im off to see the doc in the morning and see what he can come up with to get back on the road to being me again :-)

Our poor dog is going to have her paws walked off i think !!

Thanks again ladies :)